Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
pressure relief display vs. EPR - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: pressure relief display vs. EPR (/Thread-pressure-relief-display-vs-EPR)

Pages: 1 2

pressure relief display vs. EPR - yankees123 - 11-08-2017

Can someone explain what the option of pressure relief is when looking on the patient settings. Is it required to be on in order for epr to be used which is changed only in the clinical menu?
Very confusing. 
Also is they a feature like the s9 unit whereby it is "patient enabled" so a patient can adjust the settings without going in clinical menu ?

RE: pressure relief display vs. EPR - Walla Walla - 11-08-2017

Yes pressure relief is EPR. When essentials plus is select in the clinical setup it allows the patient to set the pressure relief. You need to either turn it on to step two or turn off essentials plus.

RE: pressure relief display vs. EPR - yankees123 - 11-08-2017

I'm sorry but very confused walls walla. Essentials plus what I understand is to display more data in sleep report.  
Can you please elaborate and please explain what you mean by turn it to step two.

I don't have a Air Sense but you should be able to turn on pressure relief and set the pressure relief to 1, 2, or 3.

Essential plus allows the patient to make limited changes to the machine and see a limited report on the machine.

If essential mode only is selected you don't get those options for the patient mode.

Sorry but I don't see any of those options.  Epr only activated in clinical menu.  
Still not sure what pressure relief option does in patient settings.  
Can someone who uses airsense 10 please explain?

Sorry I couldn't explain it better. I'll let someone else do a better job.

RE: pressure relief display vs. EPR - Crimson Nape - 11-08-2017

Usually the "Patient" setting allows the selected option to be displayed and accessed by the patient from the "Setup" menu instead of having to access it from the Clinical menu. Some of these options include, Mask type, Hose, Ramp time, and EPR.

I hope this may help.

I have essentials plus option selected, but epr is not an option in patient settings .  Only option is pressure relief and only choices are on or off.

Is it on?

Yes, but it's not like in the clinical settings with options 1,2or 3.  Just says pressure relief with option on on or off.  I set it to on.  
Maybe in patient  settings you can't choose epr level?