Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Flummoxed: my xPAP doesn't keep daylight savings time - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Flummoxed: my xPAP doesn't keep daylight savings time (/Thread-Flummoxed-my-xPAP-doesn-t-keep-daylight-savings-time)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Flummoxed: my xPAP doesn't keep daylight savings time - HalfAsleep - 11-10-2017

Flummoxed.

My A10A didn't fall back like a normal human being. It's one hour ahead.

I've tried changing the time in the clinician's menu, but I get a message saying I can't enter a time that is before the current time. In other words, the machine doesn't understand the concept of falling back.

I missed my compliance obligation last night after I slept in and my time got booted to tonight.

Any ideas about how to get my A10A on a human schedule?

RE: Flummoxed: my xPAP doesn't keep daylight savings time - jaswilliams - 11-10-2017

After 13:00 set it back 1hr before you use it for that afternoon evening? You cannot do it in the morning or if you have used it after noon

RE: Flummoxed: my xPAP doesn't keep daylight savings time - HalfAsleep - 11-10-2017

That might be it. I'll try tomorrow.

No one else had this happen?

RE: Flummoxed: my xPAP doesn't keep daylight savings time - CB91710 - 11-10-2017

Just set it to standard time and leave it alone.
There is no need to change it for DST or travel.

RE: Flummoxed: my xPAP doesn't keep daylight savings time - Koolbreeze - 11-10-2017

I set mine back this morning around 9am and had no issues. You’d think a modern machine would do it automatically though.

RE: Flummoxed: my xPAP doesn't keep daylight savings time - HalfAsleep - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 08:01 PM)CB91710 Wrote: Just set it to standard time and leave it alone.
There is no need to change it for DST or travel.

It didn't adjust automatically. That's the problem.

RE: Flummoxed: my xPAP doesn't keep daylight savings time - Walla Walla - 11-10-2017

First you want an Auto CPAP now you want a AUTO clock. Geez you want everything.

RE: Flummoxed: my xPAP doesn't keep daylight savings time - SarcasticDave94 - 11-10-2017

I changed my ASV 1 hour back the Saturday night of the time change. Mine did OK as in no issues, but realistically it really is pointless IMO to change times on these blowers. Mine doesn't have an alarm clock, coffeemaker or anything like that...so just my opinion there. So, why did I change the setting? Uumm to see if I could I'd guess.

I'd be interested in an ASV by Bunn, Cuisinart, or Kitchenaid. Then I have the pressurized coffeemaker. Now how to keep the coffee off my face...add more of a separation silicone barrier to an Amara View to truly divide the nasal and mouth segments...hmm  Coffee Dave-ism for today

(11-10-2017, 10:51 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I changed my ASV 1 hour back the Saturday night of the time change. Mine did OK as in no issues, but realistically it really is pointless IMO to change times on these blowers. Mine doesn't have an alarm clock, coffeemaker or anything like that...so just my opinion there. So, why did I change the setting? Uumm to see if I could I'd guess.

I'd be interested in an ASV by Bunn, Cuisinart, or Kitchenaid. Then I have the pressurized coffeemaker. Now how to keep the coffee off my face...add more of a separation silicone barrier to an Amara View to truly divide the nasal and mouth segments...hmm  Coffee Dave-ism for today

Getting away from my APAP's lack of cooperation with DST, this is quite a concept you have, using the APAP to make coffee. I'm thinking INSTEAD we have alternative energy powered by the wind coming out of the exhale valve while we sleep. A mini windmill that powers the white noise machine? A fan to keep you cool in summer? Charging your phone? What say you?

RE: Flummoxed: my xPAP doesn't keep daylight savings time - SarcasticDave94 - 11-10-2017

I'm all for trying it. Might as well use my escaping CO2 for some good use.  Smile