Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Oximetery & Sleepyhead charts - your thoughts? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Oximetery & Sleepyhead charts - your thoughts? (/Thread-Oximetery-Sleepyhead-charts-your-thoughts)

Pages: 1 2

Oximetery & Sleepyhead charts - your thoughts? - SWsabre - 11-14-2017

I'm now three plus months into CPAP and still feel fatigued, groggy, etc. So, I decided to order a cheap meter from Amazon and check my O2 levels through the night. The first night I found it on the floor across the room so must have shaken it off and only got an hour or so of data. Below are the charts from the second night. As I was under 90% saturation for 44% of the time and hit a low of 70% saturation in my sleep study this seems to be an improvement. I did try to import the oximetery data into SH but could not get it to work, the start times for both were within a minute or so of each other.

[Image: xlarge.jpg]

[Image: large.jpg]

RE: Oximetery & Sleepyhead charts - your thoughts? - srlevine1 - 11-14-2017

I would not base any valid conclusions on this snap-shot, but I would keep track of the general trend. In my case, using the CMS-50F, I had a lot of motion artifacts and dropouts mostly at the beginning and end of my sleep session. I could also see similar patterns when I turned over.

Do you have any heart arrhythmias which can display as false heart rates and the incomplete emptying of the heart chambers which can manifest as weakness and fatigue?

When posting data from the Sp02 Assistant, it is also helpful to post the summary report.

When is your next opportunity to discuss how you feel with your sleep doctor? Perhaps he will look closer at the data from your SD card and make changes in device settings.

Best of luck diagnosing and treating your fatigue.

RE: Oximetery & Sleepyhead charts - your thoughts? - ajack - 11-15-2017

I would turn your ramp off so treatment starts at the beginning. It should stop the desaturation in the beginning 00:00
Try a min pressure of 10 or 11 and see if that clears up the drop at about 1:00 and 4:30. The rest of it looks good to me.

RE: Oximetery & Sleepyhead charts - your thoughts? - Walla Walla - 11-15-2017

I would disregard the first 30 minutes or so of the oximeter report. Looks like a lose connection from moving around. Over all your numbers look OK. I think I'd ask the Doctor to run blood tests to see if there was another cause of fatigue.

RE: Oximetery & Sleepyhead charts - your thoughts? - jerry1967 - 11-15-2017

where can I can I buy  a oximeter  to use with my 10 Machine?

RE: Oximetery & Sleepyhead charts - your thoughts? - Crimson Nape - 11-15-2017

Which you mean; the Resmed A10 oximeter add-on device or an oximeter that will work with SleepyHead?

RE: Oximetery & Sleepyhead charts - your thoughts? - Walla Walla - 11-15-2017

At the top there is a supplier list. Try Supplier 19.

RE: Oximetery & Sleepyhead charts - your thoughts? - dracus - 11-15-2017

The cms-50d works pretty well and is inexpensive.

Getting the data into sleepyhead is a bit convoluted but does work.

RE: Oximetery & Sleepyhead charts - your thoughts? - jerry1967 - 11-15-2017

thank you ever body

RE: Oximetery & Sleepyhead charts - your thoughts? - SWsabre - 11-18-2017

Thanks all for your comments and suggestions, FWIW I used the cms-50d+. I have also had numerous other tests to determine why I am feeling like I am but so far nothing stands out as the cause. Hard to complain that they can't find anything new wrong with me but frustrating none the less  Unsure

As mentioned here is the summary from the oximetery report, not that this one night really proves anything (and I am discounting the first 1/2 hour or so when I was moving around).

[Image: orig.jpg]