Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
How accurate is the data shown in SleepyHead? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: How accurate is the data shown in SleepyHead? (/Thread-How-accurate-is-the-data-shown-in-SleepyHead)

Pages: 1 2

How accurate is the data shown in SleepyHead? - sammiller - 11-16-2017

I'm asking this question because the downloaded data appears good on the charts, but from a cursory view I noticed one discrepancy. The pressure shows a constant low of 6.00 across the board, but I know that the pressure drops to 3.x because I've seen it on the CPAP display. So this question really has to do with what is the exact data downloaded from the SD card, and what exact data does the CPAP store on the SD card? Is SleepyHead merely getting whatever data is stored with an import? Or is there something I am missing? Should I have set it up as APAP vs CPAP? (I don't believe the machine is an APAP).

My CPAP is set to a pressure of 7.0 when inhaling and 3.0 when exhaling. My CPAP is the DeVilbiss intelliPAP DV54D and the OS is Win8.1Pro.
sm  Thinking-about

RE: How accurate is the data shown in SleepyHead? - Walla Walla - 11-16-2017

It would help if you could post your chart from sleepyhead. There are links below to show how to arrange the charts and download to here.

Welcome to Apnea Board by the way.

RE: How accurate is the data shown in SleepyHead? - Sleeprider - 11-16-2017

I cannot answer why you have a discrepancy between the data and on-screen information, however the DevilBiss DV54D-HHS is an IntelliPAP AutoAdjust with Heated Humidification with SmartLink Module & Data Card. So it is an auto CPAP. You can order the clinical manual at the CPAP Setup Manuals link. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pressure/change-cpap-pressure-settings-adjusting-your-machine-with-a-clinician-setup-manual

I believe the minimum pressure this machine puts out is 4 cm, but if you are using some form of pressure relief, then it may have momentary drops below that threshold. It might be interesting to put it into Auto CPAP mode, perhaps 6-10 pressure and see what you get.

RE: How accurate is the data shown in SleepyHead? - sammiller - 11-16-2017

(11-16-2017, 09:00 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: It would help if you could post your chart from sleepyhead. There are links below to show how to arrange the charts and download to here.

Welcome to Apnea Board by the way.

I've attached my screenshot. I arranged the graphs to show the 3 pressure related. With a closer look, the minimum pressure of 6.00 is really bogus, as it happens only on startup. So then, after that the pressure stays at 7.00.  So then my question is why does the data show this, rather than the fluctuating pressure I get throughout the night?

OK I think I know whats going on. You have the Smart Flex set at mode 2. This only gives you Flex during the ramp time. The first few minutes your getting it while your ramp is at 4 so it's not being recorded. After the pressure goes up to 7cm the flex is turned off. Change your flex mode to 1 and see if it shows up on sleepyhead.

RE: How accurate is the data shown in SleepyHead? - Sleeprider - 11-16-2017

I will add to this that your obstructive apnea seems to be begging for some higher pressure. Adding pressure relief means you need to increase minimum pressure or go to auto mode.

I'm not quite there yet. When I get to the smartflex menu, it only has "delay only" or "full time" and it is set to "full time." The other 3 items are IRND, ERND and pressure setting, all set to 3. It sounds to me like the mode 2 you are talking about is the full-time setting. So I still don't know what to do.
Dont-know

Don't know what to tell you than. Maybe SleepyHead does't pick up the flex on your machine.

Also I agree with Sleeprider on raising your pressure.

Concerning the pressure, it was set by the physician and sleep lab. I measured my O2 level, and it stays above 88% now. If it works, why should I change it? During lab test they tried higher pressures and it was uncomfortable and caused leaks. I'm not sure what you believe will be accomplished by higher pressures. What exactly on my screenshot are you seeing there is still a problem?

Concerning the OP issue. I wonder if anyone else with a devilbiss has this problem? I also wonder if I can look at raw data to find out if the issue is on the SD card. Do you know where exactly (what file stored on the SD card) that sleepyhead is getting this pressure info?
Unsure

Sorry can't help you with the files on the SD.

As far as your pressures being raised the reason is the less Apnea events the better the sleep. But it's only advice. If your happy with your settings than more power to you.