Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Getting data onto SD card - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Getting data onto SD card (/Thread-Getting-data-onto-SD-card)

Getting data onto SD card - Williams - 11-20-2017

I finally got a PC and downloaded Sleepyhead, but now I have a stupid question. How do I get the data onto the SD card?  Is it as simple as inserting the card into the CPAP machine? Does it load automatically? I've read the instructions online, but am still unsure.

RE: Getting data onto SD card - merkySuperNova - 11-20-2017

It pretty much is that easy. It loads automatically. But there are some caveats.
1) Make sure the SD card isn't locked (there's usually a physical switch to lock it or unlock it). This way the machine will be able to write on it. You may want to lock it before putting it in your computer though.
2) For the nights before you put the SD card in, it will only show basic data, like AHI, hours used, etc. (The internal hard drive only saves basic data)
3) For tonight and all the nights going forward that you have the SD card in, it will have the full data that you can transfer to Sleepyhead.

RE: Getting data onto SD card - Williams - 11-20-2017

Thanks, merky!  I'll be back after a few nights of data collection to seek assistance on adjusting the settings.

RE: Getting data onto SD card - ajack - 11-20-2017

Look forward to seeing both of your sleepyhead charts
@msn, 4/20 is default out of the box, tuning your pressure may see better results

RE: Getting data onto SD card - merkySuperNova - 11-20-2017

Hey ajack,

My charts don't seem very interesting. My AHI is usually 0.3 or lower. My 95% pressure is ~6. The thing I'm working on is trying to consistently prevent my mouth from falling open.

I'll start my own thread to discuss.

RE: Getting data onto SD card - Williams - 11-29-2017

I put the SD card into the Resmed machine and it has been stuck for nearly 20 minutes now with a message of "Preparing SD card, do not remove power or your card."  

Is this long wait normal? I cannot turn on the machine to go to sleep.

RE: Getting data onto SD card - Sheepish - 11-30-2017

On a Respironics machine, the longer you've gone without an SD card, the longer it takes to write all those days to the SD card. Same for when you insert a different SD card if you want a direct backup or copy of your data, although you can do that on a computer, too. I don't know about Resmed machines, but 20 minutes does seem on the long side.

RE: Getting data onto SD card - kiwii - 11-30-2017

This may be a stupid question... but... did you insert an empty SD card into the machine?

Something about your wording makes me wonder if SleepyHead got installed onto the SD card.

edit: It normally takes just moments for the data to transfer, but it could theoretically take longer if there is lots of data. I don't think the machine itself stores a large amount on its own internal memory though.

RE: Getting data onto SD card - Hojo - 12-01-2017

First, the SD card can't be locked to load data from the machine, check and make sure it isn't locked.  Second, when I forgot to put the SD card into my Resmed, I lost that data for that night, it wouldn't 'just transfer' to the card.