Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Pressures] 8 Weeks In. Seeing Consistent 14+'s. Up the Max? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Pressures] 8 Weeks In. Seeing Consistent 14+'s. Up the Max? (/Thread-Pressures-8-Weeks-In-Seeing-Consistent-14-s-Up-the-Max)

Pages: 1 2

[Pressures] 8 Weeks In. Seeing Consistent 14+'s. Up the Max? - Doza - 11-28-2017

So far, so good. No issues barring mask hacks which are now resolved. I seem to have 'grown into' my masks which is great, going by the leak stats recently. 

However I'm still pretty RS in the mornings despite longer times sleeping than before starting this experience.
I'm seeing a lot of max pressures hitting the max setting, or being close to it for a while now and am thinking about maybe upping the max a little bit.  
I figure with some leeway at that end of the range, there might (or might not) be some change overall. 
Thoughts from those in the know would be helpful. Thanks in advance Smile 

[Image: 67J0YvKl.png]

RE: [Pressures] 8 Weeks In. Seeing Consistent 14+'s. Up the Max? - ajack - 11-28-2017

It might be better to post the chart as well. With an AHI under 2, you are doing well. You could try min 11 and max 20 and see where the machine wants to go.

RE: [Pressures] 8 Weeks In. Seeing Consistent 14+'s. Up the Max? - Walla Walla - 11-28-2017

I agree about raising the Max pressure up. Not sure that raising the bottom pressure is going to help much. What we can't see that a chart would show is flow limitations.

RE: [Pressures] 8 Weeks In. Seeing Consistent 14+'s. Up the Max? - Doza - 11-28-2017

Cool Smile Yeah, I'm happy with the figures in relation to AHI for sure.

Here's last night's.

[Image: 8AUE3npl.png]

RE: [Pressures] 8 Weeks In. Seeing Consistent 14+'s. Up the Max? - Walla Walla - 11-28-2017

That one chart doesn't really show a need for the max pressure needing a raise although it won't hurt anything and allows more room. I think if you decreased the EPR to 2 it would get rid of the rest of the CA's and OA's. But that's a comfort call on your part. Your numbers are still good as is.

RE: [Pressures] 8 Weeks In. Seeing Consistent 14+'s. Up the Max? - Sleeprider - 11-28-2017

May I suggest you try the standard Autoset algorithm, rather than For Her? I don't think you need more pressure, you need more response.

RE: [Pressures] 8 Weeks In. Seeing Consistent 14+'s. Up the Max? - Ghost1958 - 11-28-2017

Bump your min pressure up.

The closer the min is to an effective pressure the lower your machine will go on the max side.

Just set the max to 18 and bump your min up to 10 or 10.5 to start with.

RE: [Pressures] 8 Weeks In. Seeing Consistent 14+'s. Up the Max? - ajack - 11-29-2017

Under 2 is good anyways, but Doza isn't feeling it. More response should be ok at 10 with the for him algorithm. Without change and on the spec sheet and now the chart on the for her, I think I would have 11, 2cm under the 95% to box in the min. Then set the max later.

RE: [Pressures] 8 Weeks In. Seeing Consistent 14+'s. Up the Max? - Sleep2Snore - 11-29-2017

(11-28-2017, 09:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: May I suggest you try the standard Autoset algorithm, rather than For Her?  I don't think you need more pressure, you need more response.

You have a few centrals in there, I would try the standard as suggested before putting up the low pressure to much.
If you do try putting it up, keep an eye on the centrals just in case you get a rise in them, if you do put it back down again.
You are close to peeking in the high pressure, it could go up a bit higher, just in case you need it.

RE: [Pressures] 8 Weeks In. Seeing Consistent 14+'s. Up the Max? - Doza - 11-29-2017

Thanks all Smile I'll check out how to change the algorithm when I get a chance. And yeah, I will up the max a little bit as well as put the EPR back to 2.
Much appreciated. Thanks again.