Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Can I use my UK Elite power connector and plug with the American For Her machine? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Can I use my UK Elite power connector and plug with the American For Her machine? (/Thread-Equipment-Can-I-use-my-UK-Elite-power-connector-and-plug-with-the-American-For-Her-machine)

Pages: 1 2

Can I use my UK Elite power connector and plug with the American For Her machine? - Apnea Infant - 12-03-2017

Hey guys

Instead of using the american imported 'For Her Resmed' with an adapter can I use the power connector of my UK Resmed Elite with it?

If so, then I would be able to use it immediately and try to understand how to upgrade my therapy from CPAP to APAP.

RE: Can I use my UK Elite power connector and plug with the American For Her machine? - DeepBreathing - 12-03-2017

Simple answer - yes. AFAIK all the Resmed power packs are rated for 110 - 230v input and 24v output so you should be able to mix & match.

RE: Can I use my UK Elite power connector and plug with the American For Her machine? - Apnea Infant - 12-03-2017

Thats great DB,

Thanks for your input (pun intended).

Was thinking as I was vacuuming my floor (can now multi-task with return of brain) that it should be the case as an adapter at plug is just to allow the same power from the UK to come into the machine but then thought perhaps the transformer changes the voltage perhaps?

RE: Can I use my UK Elite power connector and plug with the American For Her machine? - Apnea Infant - 12-03-2017

An update.

The Air Sense Elite body is made in Australia, the 90W AC adapter is made in China

The Air Sense For Her is made in Singapore, the 90W AC adapter is also made in China

Both are manufactured by Resmed Ltd in NSW, Australia, distributed by Resmed Corp in San Diego and also Resmed UK in Oxfordshire.

A truly international multinational corporation. Only question is why are the prices so different all the world?

And the 90V AC adapter gives a range of AC input from 100-240V and 50-60Hz. In essence a range that fits most of the electricity in the world.

Now if I visit family in America, I will not have to buy a plug adapter!

RE: Can I use my UK Elite power connector and plug with the American For Her machine? - jaswilliams - 12-03-2017

You can also just pull the plug cable from the brick and use that on your new airsense if there is any differences in the power bricks

There is no difference at all. And it appears that the range of voltages and hertz is the same to accommodate most electricity supplies round the world.

RE: Can I use my UK Elite power connector and plug with the American For Her machine? - Sleep2Snore - 12-03-2017

They are Chopper power supplies so will work well on anything from 100Vac to 260Vac 60Htz and 50Htz.
So the answer would be yes, it will work.  The power supplies were designed to work over these voltages.

Same as most laptop power supplies, they are the same and will work from 110Vac to 240Vac without problems.

RE: Can I use my UK Elite power connector and plug with the American For Her machine? - Sleepster - 12-04-2017

(12-03-2017, 12:40 PM)Apnea Infant Wrote: Only question is why are the prices so different all the world?

Governments are involved in the pricing schemes for medical services and devices.

RE: Can I use my UK Elite power connector and plug with the American For Her machine? - jaswilliams - 12-04-2017

So did you use your new auto set ? How did it go ?