Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Trying Renew Sleep Solution - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Trying Renew Sleep Solution (/Thread-CPAP-Trying-Renew-Sleep-Solution)

Pages: 1 2

Trying Renew Sleep Solution - Cthom1 - 12-07-2017

I'm visiting Renew Sleep Solution tomorrow to try another option over my CPAP. I've had the CPAP for over 8 years and never could truly get comfortable wearing it. I've tried the nasal pillows and the full mask. out of the two the face mask worked the best but over time I was still struggling with wearing it for more than a few days in a row. The restrictions of only sleeping on my stomach has been the final decision maker on trying another device. I'm open to any feedback on new CPAP solutions that are more comfortable. Thanks
Dont-know Dont-know

RE: Trying Renew Sleep Solution - Walla Walla - 12-07-2017

I guess we'll see you again sooner or later. Good luck!

RE: Trying Renew Sleep Solution - Cthom1 - 12-07-2017

Walla Walla, Thanks for the helpful response... Thinking-about

RE: Trying Renew Sleep Solution - Walla Walla - 12-07-2017

I wished you good luck! You sound like you already made the decision so that seemed the best thing to say.

Dont-know

RE: Trying Renew Sleep Solution - OpalRose - 12-07-2017

It’s a shame that you used a Cpap for 8 years and was not able to adapt. You apparently didn’t have the support of your doctor or a DME that could help.

Here’s the thing, your machine is old. The newer machines offer so much more, especially in comfort and therapy choices.

I had to google Renew Sleep Solutions and recall it being discused here earlier in the year.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Equipment-Renew-Sleep-Solutions

It is obviously your choice if you want to go that route, but I’ve heard nothing great about wearing these sleep appliances. First of all, there is no way to know if your Apnea is being treated, and it could actually change your bite.

We’re here to help and support you if you need help getting back on Cpap therapy.

RE: Trying Renew Sleep Solution - DeepBreathing - 12-07-2017

G'day Cthom1. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Quote: The restrictions of only sleeping on my stomach has been the final decision maker on trying another device.

I don't understand this statement - have you been instructed by somebody that you should only sleep on your stomach? Unless there are some over-riding medical reasons, that would be most unusual. We generally recommend people sleep on their side, but with a well-adjusted machine you could also sleep on you back. That's what I do and my AHI is always under 2, mostly under 1.0.

RE: Trying Renew Sleep Solution - trish6hundred - 12-07-2017

Hi Cthom1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The newer machines have better technology, it's unfortunate that you are giving up on CPAP therapy.
Good luck to you.

RE: Trying Renew Sleep Solution - Cthom1 - 12-08-2017

Thanks, I misunderstood your response.

(12-07-2017, 09:15 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day Cthom1. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Quote: The restrictions of only sleeping on my stomach has been the final decision maker on trying another device.

I don't understand this statement - have you been instructed by somebody that you should only sleep on your stomach? Unless there are some over-riding medical reasons, that would be most unusual.  We generally recommend people sleep on their side, but with a well-adjusted machine you could also sleep on you back. That's what I do and my AHI is always under 2, mostly under 1.0.

The comment I made "The restrictions of only sleeping on my stomach has been the final decision maker on trying another device" isn't regarding being instructed by my doctor. This is the positioned I'm forced to sleep in because of my machine... If my opening statement/question was unclear.

(12-07-2017, 07:45 PM)Opal Rose Wrote: It’s a shame that you used a Cpap for 8 years and was not able to adapt.  You apparently didn’t have the support of your doctor or a DME that could help.

Here’s the thing, your machine is old.  The newer machines offer so much more, especially in comfort and therapy choices.  

I had to google Renew Sleep Solutions and recall it being discused here earlier in the year.

It is obviously your choice if you want to go that route, but I’ve heard nothing great about wearing these sleep appliances.  First of all, there is no way to know if your Apnea is being treated, and it could actually change your bite.

We’re here to help and support you if you need help getting back on Cpap therapy.

Opalrose, that's been my biggest issue. I tried several times to get assistance with getting an up to date machine and better equipment but the options were very thin. The place I went to had horrible service so after years of battling these hindrances I thought I've exhausted all options.  My employer offers great health insurance so I know that wasn't the issue but the company I was getting my equipment from always stated they had the newest as greatest options.