Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Good News! Sleeping with New Mask! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Good News! Sleeping with New Mask! (/Thread-Good-News-Sleeping-with-New-Mask)

Good News! Sleeping with New Mask! - Solar Rays - 12-15-2017

Good News!  I switched from a pillow mask to a nasal mask and starting sleeping for the first time in 24 nights!!!!  I am so happy I have been patient because there were times I thought I wouldn't make any progress with my new C-Pap experience.  So if you are out there having trouble, hang in there.  In my case, I just wasn't getting enough air with the pillow mask but the nasal mask gave me much better breathing.

RE: Good News! Sleeping with New Mask! - Sleep2Snore - 12-15-2017

Were the Nasal Pillows to small, it is often the case when you are not getting enough air?
In any case, glad you have found something that works for you, we are all different and it would be a strange world, if not a scary one, if we were all the same.

RE: Good News! Sleeping with New Mask! - Grazi - 12-15-2017

What's the difference between pillow and nasal?

RE: Good News! Sleeping with New Mask! - SarcasticDave94 - 12-15-2017

Big congrats on success. Hope it continues.

Sleep-well

Dave
lots-o-coffee

RE: Good News! Sleeping with New Mask! - Solar Rays - 12-15-2017

The pillow mask has areas that fit into the nostrils and fits under the nose. A nasal mask is larger and fits around the nose and has a larger breathing space.

RE: Good News! Sleeping with New Mask! - CB91710 - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 01:37 PM)Grazi Wrote: What's the difference between pillow and nasal?

Pillows:
[Image: 54706998_614.jpg]

Nasal:

[Image: N10-1-600x600.jpg]

RE: Good News! Sleeping with New Mask! - trish6hundred - 12-16-2017

Hi Solar Rays,
It't good to hear that you are sleeping with the nasal mask.
Keep up the good work.

RE: Good News! Sleeping with New Mask! - paulag1955 - 12-16-2017

It was certainly the case for me that the pillows were too small. I was really struggling to breath. Thankfully I stumbled on this forum after only three days with my device and switched out for larger pillows.

RE: Good News! Sleeping with New Mask! - HalfAsleep - 12-16-2017

IME The pillows don't work well if you have a non-compatible inner-nose architecture. No matter what size I tried, one nozzle shot air nicely up the nostril and the other into a nasal wall. I should have given up a lot sooner.

Glad that the nasal mask is working for you. I can see that for folks with S curves inside their nose, the nasal mask would be a great option. I almost went that way myself, but settled for an FFM, which I'm very happy with.

RE: Good News! Sleeping with New Mask! - Apnea Infant - 12-17-2017

Fab

This thread confirms do well that one size/type does not fit all.

Glad to know your therapy is going well, Solar Rays............