Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different (/Thread-Rescan-SleepyHead-AHI-VERY-Different)

Pages: 1 2

Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different - Steve Zoller - 12-15-2017

I’ve been monitoring my AHI et al data for about three years using Resmed’s Rescan.  I just downloaded Sleepyhead.  My AHI data for the past week are similar but data for past months, years, etc are very different.  

SleepyHead is giving me median AHI’s < 2 and Rescan median AHIs are about 8.  

I did try rebuilding the CPAP data with no changes.  I searched the forum but didn’t find any answers.

Suggestions?

Resmed S9 VPAP Auto

RE: Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different - Crimson Nape - 12-15-2017

I would suspect that you are not using the same dataset ranges. There can be some rounding differences, but not to that magnitude.

RE: Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different - Steve Zoller - 12-15-2017

I loaded the SleepyHead software on a second computer and got the same very low AHI scores that I got on the first computer. I wish they were correct, but I have to believe my Rescan results are the “correct” ones.

RE: Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different - jaswilliams - 12-15-2017

If you don’t have the flow information on the sd card sleepyhead can mess up its calculations with only summary data.

Jason

RE: Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different - Walla Walla - 12-15-2017

You said the data for past years is different. Sleepyhead would only have the data you loaded into it. Is it possible that the SD card has written over some of the old data because the card was full?

RE: Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different - Steve Zoller - 12-15-2017

To be more clear, all the days older than last Saturday have a much lower AHI score on SleepyHead. actually, as I think about it, that’s the day I switched from a FFM to nasal pillows. So this means the Sleepyhead software seems to be low on all my full face mask days. Weird.

RE: Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different - DeepBreathing - 12-15-2017

It would help if you could post the summary report from both so we can see exactly what's happening. I've been using both programs for over 4 years and have never seen that sort of disparity, only ever rounding errors.

RE: Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different - TBMx - 12-16-2017

on the days that differ: can you see the daily charts on those days? and are those charts "normal"? (or some charts show up that shouldn't be there, others look incomplete or "wrong" or are missing?)

RE: Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different - Steve Zoller - 12-16-2017

Attached are the past 90 day summaries from ResMed and SleepyHead.

RE: Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different - Walla Walla - 12-16-2017

I found one thing that affects SleepyHeads Stats. Go to file-Preferences-Ignore short sessions and turn it off. That should make the hours and minutes match with ResScan. That could also affect the AHI difference.