Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Sleepyhead Screenshot Location and Name - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Sleepyhead Screenshot Location and Name (/Thread-Sleepyhead-Screenshot-Location-and-Name)

Sleepyhead Screenshot Location and Name - LarryRapp - 12-16-2017

I would like to know the location and name of the screenshot produced by F12 under Daily for Mac OS-X 10.13.1.  Thank you.
--

Larry

RE: Sleepyhead Screenshot Location and Name - fwg1947 - 12-16-2017

When I installed SleepyHead software on my Windows 10 PC, it created a folder named "SleepyHeadData" in my Documents folder.  It also created a "Screenshots" folder inside the "SleepyHeadData" folder.

RE: Sleepyhead Screenshot Location and Name - LarryRapp - 12-16-2017

Thank you fwg1947, but it didn't do that for OS-X Apple.  There is a screenshots gallery somewhere, but I can't find the damn thing!  Also, as I recall (I found it once) it named the files it created some number.
--

Larry

RE: Sleepyhead Screenshot Location and Name - Apnea Infant - 12-16-2017

Its under

Documents
Screenshot

in my Mac Air with OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

RE: Sleepyhead Screenshot Location and Name - Crimson Nape - 12-16-2017

SleepyHead names the Screenshots as "screenshot-CurrentDate-CurrentTime.png".

RE: Sleepyhead Screenshot Location and Name - AlanE - 12-16-2017

Pretty sure this is the same on Macs (someone correct me please). The Screenshots folder should be under the data folder. Check Help > About Sleepyhead to find the location of the data folder.

[Image: rUC3PD2.png]

RE: Sleepyhead Screenshot Location and Name - LarryRapp - 12-16-2017

That's it! You got it! On this machine About is under SleepyHead but it shows Data at /\
/Users/laurencemrappaport/Documents/SleepyHeadData-Testing. There's a picture of Jedimark too!
Thank you!
--

Larry

RE: Sleepyhead Screenshot Location and Name - MitchS - 12-16-2017

(12-16-2017, 01:58 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: SleepyHead names the Screenshots as "screenshot-CurrentDate-CurrentTime.png".

Now that you mention it this is correct on the Mac as well.

A screen shot on my Mac has the name "screenshot-20171216-100943.png".

20171216 is the date the screenshot was made and the 100943 is the time listed as hour (10), minutes (09) and seconds (43).

Thanks for pointing that out, Red.

(12-16-2017, 02:02 PM)AlanE Wrote: Pretty sure this is the same on Macs (someone correct me please). The Screenshots folder should be under the data folder. Check Help > About Sleepyhead to find the location of the data folder.

[Image: rUC3PD2.png]

It is the same with a Mac. What I have noticed from different peoples posts on the locations of their data, though, is the data folder can have a different name on different machines. It does, however, appear to always start with SleepyHead. This appears to be true on both Windows and Macs. I don't know what determines the name the data folder is given.

RE: Sleepyhead Screenshot Location and Name - AlanE - 12-17-2017

"SleepyHeadData-Testing" was the default data folder from 0.9.8 version of SH. It was changed with Beta 1 dropping "-Testing". If you did a fresh installed of beta 1 (or 2), you would get "Sleepyhead_Data" as the default folder. If you converted data from 0.9.8, the default was to retain the existing folder. The user has the option to change the folder to whatever they like and this probably accounts for names different than above.