Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Using SleepyHead with a Mac - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Using SleepyHead with a Mac (/Thread-Using-SleepyHead-with-a-Mac)

Using SleepyHead with a Mac - MitchS - 12-16-2017

Finding your  SleepyHead screenshot:

The Screenshots folder is in the Sleepyhead data folder in your documents folder on your computer. The path to the SleepyHead data folder can be found by clicking on on SleepyHead > About Sleepy Head on the menu bar at the top of the screen while SleepyHead is open. The path will be listed under Data Folder Location

The name format is "screenshot-CurrentDate-CurrentTime".png The screenshots are saved in your SleepyHead's Screenshots folder in the order they are saved, with the most recent on the bottom. You can see the time stamps for a file by right clicking on it and selecting 'Get Info' in the resulting menu.

In order to make it easier for you to find the name of a screenshot after saving one you could turn notifications on for SleepyHead, if it isn't already. To do so do the following:
  • click on the apple icon on the far left of the menu bar at top of the desktop

• select 'System Preferences' in the resulting drop down menu

• click on the 'Notifications' icon in the System Preferences panel

• make sure that 'Recents' is selected on the bottom of the panel

• scroll down to SleepyHead in Notifications panel and click on it

• make sure either Banners or Alerts is selected (I prefer Banners because the notification will disappear after a few seconds with no action from me)

With notification turned on simply click on the Notifications icon (three dots followed by horizontal lines) on the far right of the menu bar at top of the desktop after saving a SleepyHead screenshot. A drop down menu will appear with your notifications listed. The most recent will be at the top. The notification should have a time stamp on the top and the path to where the screenshot was saved. The name of the file will be the shown at the end of the path.

Adding your SleepyHead Screenshot folder to the Favorites folder in the Finder pane:

Assuming you are viewing the Favorites folder in the sidebar in a Finder window, simply right click on an item you want to remove and select 'Remove From Sidebar' in the resulting drop down menu.

You can change the order items appear in the Favorites menu by dragging them to where you want them.

To add an item to the Favorites folder simply go to the item in Finder and drag it to the Favorites folder in the Finder window side bar.

To put your SleepyHead Screenshot folder in the Favorites folder:
  • go to your SleepyHead screenshot folder (/Users/Username/SleepyheadData/Screenshots)

• drag and drop the Screenshots folder to the Favorites folder in the sidebar of the Finder window

• a shortcut to the Screenshots folder will be placed in the Favorites.

My Screenshots folder path is as shown in the above example. Username will be your Mac username. The SleepyHeadData folder could be named differently, but should start with SleepyHead.

Some older versions of the OSX operating system had a Documents folder located in the root directory (path: /Documents). SleepyHead files will not be located in this folder. They will be located in the folder referenced to above.

There is no way to change the name of the Screenshot folder or choose the folder to save screenshots to that I can find in SleepyHead. Changing the name of the folder on the Mac doesn't work either. SleepyHead just creates a new Screenshots folder when the next screenshot is saved.

RE: Using SleepyHead with a Mac - Sleeprider - 12-17-2017

Thanks for this helpful information. I'll be adding to a wiki that will link to Sleepyhead information. Lots of stuff needs updated anyway. If any replies to this thread, I will include.