Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
C-Flex setting 3 resulting crazy high AHI - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: C-Flex setting 3 resulting crazy high AHI (/Thread-C-Flex-setting-3-resulting-crazy-high-AHI)

C-Flex setting 3 resulting crazy high AHI - TimtheEnchanter - 12-18-2017

I am trying to use my P10 nose pillow, so I have tried to set the Respironix Auto setting to C-Flex to ease my exhale pressure. I got a huge AHI while sleeping apparently quite comfy. I set it back to nothing and I am back to so so normal average. I am using antihistamine therefore I suspect my AHI is off a bit (compared to drug free nights)
Should I try A-Flex or just let it go..

RE: C-Flex setting 3 resulting crazy high AHI - Walla Walla - 12-18-2017

Don't use A flex. It reduces both the inhale and exhale pressure. If you use C Flex it only reduces the exhale pressure. You may have to raise your minimum pressure up 1cm to 2cm when you using C flex.

RE: C-Flex setting 3 resulting crazy high AHI - TimtheEnchanter - 12-18-2017

Thank you so my min 11cm now it should be 12cm or 13cm? Am I understanding you correctly?

RE: C-Flex setting 3 resulting crazy high AHI - Walla Walla - 12-18-2017

I'd try it at 12cm first.

RE: C-Flex setting 3 resulting crazy high AHI - Sleeprider - 12-18-2017

Tim, what kind of events increased? OA, CA or H or all of the above?

Mainly obstructive but the others too
Periodic Breathing 19.09%
Large Leak 9.53%
Clear Airway 2.39
Obstructive 7.87
Hypopnea 2.15
Flow Limitation 0.00
RERA 0.72
Vibratory Snore
Vibratory Snore (VS2)
Breathing Not Detected
0.00%
Pressure Pulse

RE: C-Flex setting 3 resulting crazy high AHI - CB91710 - 12-18-2017

Obstructives often occur during exhale, so reduced support from C-flex/EPR could have an impact on that if the machine is not reacting quickly enough.

I would be hesitant to increase minimum that high, particularly if your max isn't much above that.
Perhaps try reducing the C-Flex level a notch to find a compromise between where you were and where you are now?
I'm not familiar with the Respironics systems.... ResMed uses "EPR" and it can be set to differ the level so exhale is 1, 2, or 3 cm below the current pressure.

I tried reducing my EPR a few weeks ago and did OK at "1", but when I set it to ramp-only, or turned it off completely, I had huge leakage problems and very unrestful sleep (no change in AHI). I ended up going back to "2" and full-time.

RE: C-Flex setting 3 resulting crazy high AHI - Sleeprider - 12-18-2017

On a Philips machine, I always did better with Flex at 1 or maybe 2. Like you, I experienced higher event rates at 3. No point in looking for technical reasons, we all just have to find out what works best, and that involves some trial and error. Your trial of 3 worked to give you a the lesson that CFlex at 3 is not your cut of tea. Smile

Thanks, I am lowering my C-Flex number to see what's what.....

RE: C-Flex setting 3 resulting crazy high AHI - bspengler - 12-23-2017

Yes, I have the same experience, With CFlex+ at 3, resistance is so low that I sometimes have trouble exhaling at all, my throat flap seems to close like a valve, try one or two. I'm currently on 2