Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New to Site New to CPAP. Graph info ? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New to Site New to CPAP. Graph info ? (/Thread-New-to-Site-New-to-CPAP-Graph-info)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

New to Site New to CPAP. Graph info ? - Schweb - 12-18-2017

Hey all I havent been feeling good for a long time is basically my story. I also suffer from anxiety/depression. I recently was put threw a sleep test and got a call right away to come in as soon as possible for results. I cant remember them off hand but I do remember some.  I stopped breathing 116 per hour on average. My blood oxygen at one point dipped as low as 46% and my case was considered severe. For the time being, until they get in the machine my plan covers and see what fixed pressure I will need, the clinic has me on a Resmed airsense 10 for her set to 8.  I will attach my graph but so far I think it looks like a large improvement. I also dont know how to read this very well either so I am hoping some of you maybe able to interpret the screen shoot from sleepyhead.

RE: New to Site New to CPAP. Graph info ? - Sleeprider - 12-18-2017

Welcome to the forum. I'm a little surprised they didn't set the machine to auto, and let it auto-titrate, but your diagnostic results were off the hook. Make sure you get a copy of the study so you know in detail the breakdown of events.

RE: New to Site New to CPAP. Graph info ? - Schweb - 12-18-2017

I had to post 4 things before I could post an image. I will get a copy of the test results that lead me to getting a machine. For some reason I have 5 Posts and still cant upload images. Oh well

You have the posts now, just give the system some time to catch up, and your status will change to "member". You can always post a link with an extra space, H ttp://... and we can find the image.

https://imgur.com/a/3VJpg

<Moderator note: Link fixed>

Schwab, nice to see you've "arrived"!   Your are getting pretty decent results, and usually the CA events do diminish on their own as you adapt to therapy.  They can arise from sleep disturbance, movement in bed, and if they are actually central apnea, it can be due to CO2 being washed out by the ventilation that you are still getting used to. 

You can significantly reduce the CA events by reducing exhale pressure relief (EPR).  If you were to set EPR at 1, I would expect your apnea rate to drop at least in half.  EPR is a comfort setting and with a setting of 3, your exhale pressure is 3-cm less than you inhale pressure.  This of course results in a good bit more ventilation in your lungs which is what washes out the CO2.  You can leave things as-is and it might resolve itself, or reduce the setting to 2 or 1 and you should see incremental benefits in the results.  Based on what we're seeing here, your effective pressure range is about 8-13, and things will settle down as you adapt.  I think cut back the EPR just a bit and give it another go.

[Image: ZZ0yNRK.png]

How do I adjust this setting on a machine? Found it! Says my AHI is 2.2 on there. 13.3 avg pressure. I see it is set to 3 I will turn back to 2 see if that changes it.

Looks like you found the magic button (control knob+Home button) to access settings. Be sure to get a copy of the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset clinician manual at the CPAP Setup Manuals link on top of this page.

Yea I am only covered for a fixed line pressure machine. this machine is temporary so they can see what pressure settings i need. I am just going to purchase an airsense autoset 10 and keep the fix line for a back up or sell it. I see they are about 899 cdn for a airsense 10 autoset with the heated hose so its not so bad i guess.

RE: New to Site New to CPAP. Graph info ? - chill - 12-19-2017

Welcome!  I too suffered from anxiety/depression and being on CPAP reduced this to a remarkable degree.  I hope you find the same effect, though it can be gradual over weeks / months.