Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
feeling dizzy from cpap - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: feeling dizzy from cpap (/Thread-feeling-dizzy-from-cpap)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

feeling dizzy from cpap - mattm1 - 12-23-2017

hi guys,  past couple days ive been feeling out of it during the day, lightheaded feeling overall.

my pressure settings seem fine, and at my follow up appointment sleep doctor said they were about as optimized as they could be atm.

my temperature setting is 27 degrees and humidity is 6.

i notice my resevoir empties quite quickly, i have to fill it up after about 6 hours or so.  but sleepyhead says no major leak issues.  what do you guys think?

RE: feeling dizzy from cpap - paulag1955 - 12-23-2017

I have my humidity set on 5 and the temperature on its highest setting and a 3/4 full reservoir lasts all night for me with a tiny bit left over in the a.m. I wonder if a low relative humidity affects the rate of water use.

RE: feeling dizzy from cpap - Sleep2Snore - 12-23-2017

I don't know why you are loosing so much water, you are using Nasal Pillows as well and unless you have a leak they should not be going through that amount of water.   I have my humidity set at 6 and have Nasal Pillows as well, I only use 3/4 of a tank if even that.  I do get slight leaks when I move, but they do seal quite quickly, usually.  I am on 12.5 pressure at the moment, but it does vary a bit, even when at 13 it still only uses 3/4 of a tank.
I would check for water getting past the seal in the water tank or where it connects to the machine.  You might still have a small leak, but not enough for the angry face.  Sleepyhead, I have no idea how much a leak you need for it to show.  If you had a constant leak, would Sleepyhead show it as a leak?

With my old machine and a tank that was a lot bigger (1 pint) I ran out of water within 4 hours, had to fill it every night, but on nights I didn't have a leak at all it would last all night.  After filling it would be 3/4 empty again, so that was 1 3/4 pints of water I was going through, humidifier was set on full, I could never get enough humidity, but then I was on 18 of pressure.

I would check for leaks around water chamber.   Thinking-about

RE: feeling dizzy from cpap - Sleep2Snore - 12-23-2017

Light headed!  Are you getting enough oxygen?  it is fine for them to look at AHI, but are you able to breathe properly and get rid of by-products of your breath?

There is also a condition where the hairs that keep you balanced can get upset and they have to be reset and put back to lie in the right direction, it is just a question of manipulating the head to reset them.  They will not sort themselves out, it has to be done by a doctor.

Do you feel anything in the head or any popping or cracking or fizzing or zapping noises?

RE: feeling dizzy from cpap - Mosquitobait - 12-23-2017

I get this problem from too much humidity. Try turning it down some.

RE: feeling dizzy from cpap - Walla Walla - 12-23-2017

I went back to your first thread and saw that you run at pretty high pressures. That by it's self will empty a water tub.

RE: feeling dizzy from cpap - Newbee2016 - 12-29-2017

(12-23-2017, 02:39 PM)mattm1 Wrote: hi guys,  past couple days ive been feeling out of it during the day, lightheaded feeling overall.

my pressure settings seem fine, and at my follow up appointment sleep doctor said they were about as optimized as they could be atm.

my temperature setting is 27 degrees and humidity is 6.

i notice my resevoir empties quite quickly, i have to fill it up after about 6 hours or so.  but sleepyhead says no major leak issues.  what do you guys think?

If your ears pop during cpap treatment or feel stuffed when you wake, you may have fluid build up behind the ear drum in the estuarine tube especially if you have had rainout or high humidification. That can cause dizziness and may take 1-2 weeks to clear. Lower the humidification and if it still doesn't get better, see your ENT for something to deal with the blocked ears.

RE: feeling dizzy from cpap - ajack - 12-29-2017

Have you checked your blood pressure, are you on BP meds? cpap can treat BP

RE: feeling dizzy from cpap - mattm1 - 12-29-2017

hi guys, i turned down the humidity setting to 5, it made it drain less slowly.

that said i still feel a bit out of it during the day. im concerned that it may be something like not enough oxygen. my nostrils are kinda small i guess. at 14-20 pressure, i can only get my ahi below 5 by wearing my small athletic mouthguard while i sleep. i upped it to 16-20 and that lowerred the ahi to about 3.5.

(12-29-2017, 11:15 AM)ajack Wrote: Have you checked your blood pressure, are you on BP meds? cpap can treat BP

im not on bp meds, i had it checked a couple weeks ago, was a little high, but nothing crazy.  like 130 i think.

RE: feeling dizzy from cpap - SarcasticDave94 - 12-29-2017

I've got my ASV humidifier set to 8 most nights with the heated hose on 86°F and I only use about half a tank a night, give or take a bit depending on which side of 4 hours I get, as in more or less than 4. To clarify, I average 4 hours sleep then do some things and get another 4 hours sleep later. My COPD makes me perpetually tired and struggling a bit with breathing FYI.

Here's to successes, lots-o-coffee

Dave