Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Improve AHI - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Improve AHI (/Thread-Improve-AHI)

Pages: 1 2 3

Improve AHI - RLSdss - 12-24-2017

I am getting fairly good results considering I started with AHIs of between 12 and 21 but would like to improve from my current average of 5.3 with the posted settings. I would mainly like to lower CAs. Appreciate any suggestions. I am attaching Encore Pro 2.2 files. I hope you can read them. Would appreciate any suggestions. Well those files are too large. Trying to post screen shot. jpg attached of portion wave form with several clear apneas.

RE: Improve AHI - Sleeprider - 12-25-2017

Since the files are large, it would work better to link them from Imgur rather than use the very limited forum attachment space.

What are your current settings: EPAP min, EPAP max, PS min, PS max, Pmax? Your image clearly shows you don't have enough pressure support to resolve a central apnea, and the problem is the Pmax limit of 14. Your machine is practically a CPAP here. It tries to provide backup breaths, but can only supply about 3-cm pressure support due to the limits you are imposing. In most cases, your pressure is practically a flat line. I have said before this machine is improperly setup, and I'll say it again....Let me know when you're ready to use it as an ASV.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4074]

RE: Improve AHI - RLSdss - 12-25-2017

As I stated in my text my settings are on the sidebar under my name. I don't need your sarcaslm, if I knew how to set this up I would not be asking questions. I have had no professional help in setting this up. It's a long story but I don't need your smart ass remarks. I reported you once before but that did not seem to do any good.

RE: Improve AHI - Walla Walla - 12-25-2017

RLSdss,
Maybe you should go see a Doctor. If you don't want the input from others than don't ask.

(12-25-2017, 10:40 AM)RLSdss Wrote: As I stated in my text my settings are on the sidebar under my name. I don't need your sarcaslm, if I knew how to set this up I would not be asking questions.  I have had no professional help in setting this up. It's a long story but I don't need your smart ass remarks. I reported you once before but that did not seem to do any good.

No sarcasm intended.  My previous recommendations are unchanged: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-AHI-problem?pid=236604#pid236604 

For ASV you need:
EPAP min 9.0
EPAP max 11.0
PS min 0
PS max 10
IPAP max (Pmax) 21.0

Thanks, I'll try those settings tonight. I have trouble with mask leaks if pressure goes above 14.

The peak pressure is only momentary during central apnea. The rest of the time, these pressure are actually lower, and we can further lower EPAP min if we don't see OA events. I sincerely believe your results will be less than 2 AHI with these revised settings.

RE: Improve AHI - HalfAsleep - 12-25-2017

(12-25-2017, 10:40 AM)RLSdss Wrote: As I stated in my text my settings are on the sidebar under my name. I don't need your sarcaslm, if I knew how to set this up I would not be asking questions.  I have had no professional help in setting this up. It's a long story but I don't need your smart ass remarks. I reported you once before but that did not seem to do any good.

I don't see an iota of sarcasm in the posts on this thread, and it is rare in this forum in general. Hang in there, pay attention to the generous and thoughtful advice you are being offered, and I believe you'll very soon be amazed.

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it goes tonight. One other problem I'm having is AHI goes up from like 4.1 or so to 7 or 8 after about six hours?

RE: Improve AHI - HalfAsleep - 12-25-2017

Are you asking if AHI can go up and down depending where you are in the sleep cycle? The answer is YES.

Some folks only have problematic apnea numbers during REM. Some folks have a lot of events in the process of waking up....in the process of going to sleep..... There are many variations.

If you put your charts up in SleepyHead (provided your machine can do that), you'll get some ideas. SleepyHead instrux are below a monitor/advisor's signature line. There's some standardized formatting for SleepyHead that will get you help most efficiently.