Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? (/Thread-Data-Anyone-in-Aussie-Told-MyAir-They-Were-in-Us)

Pages: 1 2 3

[Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? - Doza - 01-04-2018

I've just  managed to open a MyAir account after it told me my machine was not supported in Australia. I just told it I was in the US and  Bingo. Numbers matched.   I'm in. 
I have no idea whether it'll work in the morning but it was fun getting this far LOL

RE: [Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? - ajack - 01-04-2018

use a vpn if you need to, lots of free ones about.

RE: [Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? - Doza - 01-04-2018

Yep. Next move if location is blocked... if a signal is picked up in the morning, I'll find out.

RE: [Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? - Minty - 01-05-2018

Hey

I've been using the MyAir app in Australia for quite a while now.  I managed it by creating a 2nd itunes account that listed me as in the US - there was an option to select no payment source' where it asks for how you want to pay for itunes purchases.  I then logged into that itunes account, downloaded the free app and it worked perfectly.  Now i'm back using my regular Australian itunes account and if the MyAir app needs an update I will just login again to my 'American' account.

My actual MyAir online account is Australian as I set that up before I realised the app wasn't available here.  Everything works just fine though.

Hope it has worked for you already but if not you could try what I did.  Smile

Minty

RE: [Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? - Doza - 01-05-2018

Aha! Thanks for the tip.
I still don't know if I'll need it yet though. Signal is too weak (bedroom too far away from the modem it would seem). Doesn't say anything about being unsupported, just that there is no data. And yet it tells me it synched when I set it up.
I'll work on it when I get some time to move the machine closer and see if that really is the issue.
Seems bluetooth doesn't figure either. Aeroplane mode is off etc.

RE: [Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? - jaswilliams - 01-05-2018

The machine talks to the mobile network it does not connect to your internet... unless we are talking the WiFi sd cards here. But as you were talking about my air I have assumed you mean the ‘modem’ in your cpap machine.

RE: [Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? - Waz1 - 01-06-2018

I just signed up last night after reading this thread. It worked for me ok I got my score of 100 this morning. Did you import your machine? I thought I read/was told somewhere that imported machines did not transmit on the Australian phone network.

RE: [Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? - Walla Walla - 01-06-2018

Not being from Australia would you explain to me why you all can't just sign up for My Air? I'm trying to follow along but don't understand it.  Is it because the program is in English?   Wink

RE: [Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? - Minty - 01-07-2018

(01-06-2018, 06:47 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Not being from Australia would you explain to me why you all can't just sign up for My Air? I'm trying to follow along but don't understand it.  Is it because the program is in English?   Wink

The MyAir app isn't available in the Australian itunes store.  We can use the browser version but not the app.  I have no clue why since its a free app etc.  

As for your English comment all I can say is Tongue to you.

Minty

RE: [Data] Anyone in Aussie Told MyAir They Were in Us? - Apnea Infant - 01-07-2018

My imported machine cannot transmit wirelessly and as such it cannot obtain info through my air either. Resmed has also written to say that they are not getting information from me as they had done previously through other machine.

So yes, there is a no access sign on the wireless logo on my imported machine (from America) which does not work in the UK either.