Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Need help adjusting pressure - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Need help adjusting pressure (/Thread-Need-help-adjusting-pressure)

Pages: 1 2 3

Need help adjusting pressure - Sleep Therapy - 01-12-2018

SO my VPAP is currently on CPAP but I think I need to increase the pressure. I kept on the last prescribed pressure but I don't think this is right. I did sleep better with the machine than without but do I need to increase the pressure a lot more? I changed the setting back vauto since I will need to have the pressure changed again so ignore the graph that mentioned it is on vpap auto .[Image: vgYsIq8.png]

[Image: Ot8G13D.png]

[Image: hFAKxVs.png]

[Image: T5tR0N8.png]

[Image: RzlI34J.png]

RE: Need help adjusting pressure - Gary1of2 - 01-12-2018

You most likley not hit zero. 3.37 is considered good. Anything under 5 is good. Have paitence it takes some time for things to happen.

RE: Need help adjusting pressure - Sleep Therapy - 01-12-2018

(01-12-2018, 08:50 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: You most likley not hit zero. 3.37 is considered good. Anything under 5 is good. Have paitence it takes some time for things to happen.

Why does the AHI go up to 10 then and then go back down? Also the flow rate is all over the place too.

RE: Need help adjusting pressure - Walla Walla - 01-12-2018

If your using Ramp I'd turn it off. Also 6cm minimum might feel better.

If you could arrange your charts as shown in the link below it makes it a lot easier to read the charts.

The flow rate didn't look bad but you had a lot of breaks where you turned the machine off during the night.

RE: Need help adjusting pressure - ajack - 01-12-2018

(01-12-2018, 08:53 PM)Sleep Therapy Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 08:50 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: You most likley not hit zero. 3.37 is considered good. Anything under 5 is good. Have paitence it takes some time for things to happen.

Why does the AHI go up to 10 then and then go back down? Also the flow rate is all over the place too.

The AHI running chart tells you in that period, you would be getting a factor 10.  If it was all night, you would have an ahi of 10. I don't use that chart.
Flow rate is all over the place for a lot of people and is perfectly normal in the stages of sleep.

Did the doctor give you the pressures you are using? I would ask him to review your charts and pressures. I don't think they look right. You could also change your avatar to show you have a vauto bpap

(01-12-2018, 09:48 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: If your using Ramp I'd turn it off. Also 6cm minimum might feel better.

If you could arrange your charts as shown in the link below it makes it a lot easier to read the charts.

The flow rate didn't look bad but you had a lot of breaks where you turned the machine off during the night.

Thanks. I managed to use this thing for about 6.5 hours without taking it off. I dreamt for the first time in months but still felt like my airway had collapsed a few times. The ramp was only at 25 minutes I believe but I am not sure why the AHI went to high as 10 before. 

[Image: 5FOAMIV.png]

[Image: aLG0GmH.png]

RE: Need help adjusting pressure - Walla Walla - 01-12-2018

Your overall numbers aren't bad. The big question is why are you on a VAUTO setup like a CPAP?

(01-12-2018, 10:41 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Your overall numbers aren't bad.  The big question is why are you on a VAUTO setup like a CPAP?

Because I tried APAP and kept taking off the mask.

RE: Need help adjusting pressure - ajack - 01-13-2018

I'd get back to your respiratorist and get the machine set up for you. You're aussie and get access to decent health care, including free at a public hospital. Is it a months trial or what is the story for swapping over.

RE: Need help adjusting pressure - Sleeprider - 01-13-2018

Sleep Therapy, your events are nearly all central or hypopnea. I'm certain we can find some more comfortable settings using some pressure support (higher inhale pressure, lower exhale pressure), but first I'd like to know more about your diagnostic and any titration study. Do you have copies of your sleep reports? Were central apnea a prominent feature?

If we can setup your Aircurve 10 Vauto it's going to be much more comfortable and easy to breathe, but if you actually have central or complex apnea, then you are possibly on the wrong therapy device.