Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Why does SleepyHead leave a blank before you go to bed? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Why does SleepyHead leave a blank before you go to bed? (/Thread-Why-does-SleepyHead-leave-a-blank-before-you-go-to-bed)

Pages: 1 2

Why does SleepyHead leave a blank before you go to bed? - HalfAsleep - 01-30-2018

Something I can't figure out about SleepyHead graphs. It is especially obvious in the Flow Rate. There's often a blank at the beginning of the night. The machine isn't running. The machine hasn't run all day. In fact, I'm not in bed yet. The hose isn't even plugged in for the night. No mask. No green light on the unit.

The thing is, SleepyHead includes that time in the AHI. If I eliminate it, the AHI goes up.

Here are 2 nights:

1. With the empty space.

[Image: WGgpr25l.png]

[Image: c8t04m5l.png]

2. The same nights with the space deselected in the bar chart, lower left.. The AHI goes up.

[Image: PXt0ftCl.png]

[Image: kYxxyfgl.png]

Sometimes there's no empty space. Go figure. What's with that?

RE: Why does SleepyHead leave a blank before you go to bed? - Walla Walla - 01-30-2018

A vampire is using your machine for an hour.

RE: Why does SleepyHead leave a blank before you go to bed? - HalfAsleep - 01-30-2018

GoodOne     Walla Walla, your avatar captures my reaction perfectly.

RE: Why does SleepyHead leave a blank before you go to bed? - paulag1955 - 01-30-2018

I'm pretty sure the machine thinks you should be in bed.

RE: Why does SleepyHead leave a blank before you go to bed? - kiwii - 01-30-2018

Is there some anomaly caused by going to bed after midnight? I always wondered why they call it the witching hour.

RE: Why does SleepyHead leave a blank before you go to bed? - MikeBear - 01-31-2018

I had this same problem the very first time I used my new Airsense 10 Autoset a month~ something ago. Turned out to be the CLOCK wasn't set to the proper time on it. So, the following night before bed I set the Airsense cpap machine clock to match real-world time.

Perhaps OP can double-check to make sure it's set correctly on their machine?

Also, can I ask HOW she is getting those dashed red lines across some of her graphs, that seem to highlight the medians? I've looked around SH, and can't find how to do that on mine

RE: Why does SleepyHead leave a blank before you go to bed? - Walla Walla - 01-31-2018

MikeBear, Right click on the left edge of the chart you want to add the red line to. It will give the option there.

RE: Why does SleepyHead leave a blank before you go to bed? - MikeBear - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 09:36 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: MikeBear, Right click on the left edge of the chart you want to add the red line to. It will give the option there.

Thanks! That makes things a bit easier to see.

RE: Why does SleepyHead leave a blank before you go to bed? - Dawnstar - 01-31-2018

My cats trigger my machine on & off, but of course the leak rate shows as high because it’s just blowing air.
This seems to be something else.

RE: Why does SleepyHead leave a blank before you go to bed? - Cpapian - 01-31-2018

I get it too occasionally.   Dunno why Huhsign