Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ASV Machine - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ASV Machine (/Thread-ASV-Machine--20842)

RE: ASV Machine - LarryRapp - 02-14-2018

Thank you ajack!

The doctor thought that CPAP was good enough.  I disagreed and we went with me.  I think I was right at least the CA's are gone completely.  I am raising the min EPAP by one every day.  If I get rid of the hypopnea I'll leave it alone.  

Palsy is a word I made up.  My family seems to have genetically a shaking of the hands.  This started in me about 15 years ago - long before sleep apnea.  At first it wasn't too bad.  Even now sometimes I can wait and it goes away.  Sometimes no.  I don't want to change strategies YET.  I think my insurance is good and frankly I have enough savings if it isn't, but I want to finish this procedure before trying anything else.  I am really impressed with the total elimination of the CA's.

Ajack - another thing you should know.  My sleep doc considers AHI under 5 to be excellent - he wants "feeling good" to be the criteria.  The good news is that there will be a new neurologist here in April and he is going to set me up with her.  Maybe she will do something because the neurologist I saw was pretty useless.

RE: ASV Machine - SarcasticDave94 - 02-14-2018

(02-14-2018, 10:12 AM)LarryRapp Wrote: Thank you ajack!

Palsy is a word I made up.  My family seems to have genetically a shaking of the hands.  This started in me about 15 years ago - long before sleep apnea.  At first it wasn't too bad.  Even now sometimes I can wait and it goes away.  Sometimes no...

Larry, is it possible you are meaning something like hand tremors? I'm 48 right now and my back's pain medication called prednisone causes body extremity, specifically hand tremors for me (sometimes feet and legs also) as a side effect. If I don't concentrate, tasks like typing, driving, etc., are difficult because of the shaking effect these tremors cause. I see you mention it is genetic for you. Wishing you the best in apnea therapy.

PS that should be good news on new neurologist too.

Dave,

Yes, that's exactly what I mean!  (stroke makes choosing words often difficult)  So far it affects my hands only.  My uncle had it the worst of anyone in my family, but I've got it pretty bad.  Plus the dizziness.  Sheesh!

I just added 1 to min EPAP and a "Hose Buddy" which is something that raises the air hose and might help with leaks.  Min EPAP is now 8.00 cmH2O.  Here's hoping!

That's good news for you on the addition of a hose buddy. It will manage, and hopefully minimize, negative hose interactions. Keep us posted on what should be a positive trend.  Coffee

PS when you have time to do so, go to your UserCP area and update your sidebar info with settings. Maybe you don't need to just yet, if settings are not mostly definite, but it does help others help you as we can see at a glance at the sidebar the settings, etc. that you are using.

If you need help with that, let me know.

Dave,

I thought I had updated my profile.  The one thing I left out was CPAP pressure and that was because I didn't know what to put there.  I still don't!

(02-14-2018, 02:20 PM)LarryRapp Wrote: Dave,

I thought I had updated my profile.  The one thing I left out was CPAP pressure and that was because I didn't know what to put there.  I still don't!

OK well it's on there now if I didn't see it before. If you like, you can put what you have currently. View my sidebar info and mimic that if you like. Just put what your current numbers are.

Keep up the good work and progress. Happy Wednesday. Coffee

Dave,

The one thing I have trouble with is CPAP Pressure.  I don't know how you get multiple lines.  When I press carriage return it's the same as clicking on update.  Maybe it's just because I have an Apple.

Maybe it is the computer's operating system, although I'm not certain. Just try continuing to type the info and see how it looks without a return press. Just try to make the most important parts of the info fit if it's not allowing all of it. If needed, condense or abbreviate as applicable. If it's not cooperative, don't stress over it. Follow my example if you like: you try it one more time then take a coffee break. Coffee

Update: you got it in. Congrats and thanks as it helps others like me know your settings.

RE: ASV Machine - Hojo - 02-14-2018

Larry:  Yes, an AHI 5 or under is considered normal/treated.  That being said, I would think that with an ASV machine it would generally be easier to get the AHI below 5, but I'm not an expert on this. 

I know when I started ASV, my AHI dropped like a rock and yes, I have seen the AHI hit 0.0.  When my index doesn't, do I panic, no.  I'm actually thinking that I don't want to have an AHI of 0, I want to make sure that my body still wants to have the respiratory drive, but I could be alone on this thinking.