Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Sleepyhead data help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Sleepyhead data help (/Thread-Sleepyhead-data-help--20970)

Pages: 1 2

Sleepyhead data help - mattmill - 02-12-2018

Can someone help me with my sleepyhead data? I've been using the dreamstation since May 2016 and have been noticing my total time in Apnea has been increasing. Here are a couple of screen shots.

If more data from sleepyhead is needed just let me know.

Thanks,
matt

Last Night
[attachment=4392]

Past year
[attachment=4393]

RE: Sleepyhead data help - Walla Walla - 02-12-2018

Maybe it's time to change the minimum pressure from 8cm to 9cm. Have you gained weight? That can change your AHI.

RE: Sleepyhead data help - mattmill - 02-12-2018

(02-12-2018, 07:32 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Maybe it's time to change the minimum pressure from 8cm to 9cm. Have you gained weight? That can change your AHI.

I have a bit, maybe 10-12 lbs in the two years. I'm about 215 at 6'2"

RE: Sleepyhead data help - Sleeprider - 02-12-2018

Your machine is not operating as expected for settings of 8-15. For some reason it is reaching 11.0 cm and that all she wrote! Even the typical Respironics Auto pressure increases to test a higher pressure are being decapitated. I'd really like to see you set that machine at 12 to 15, just to see if you can get it to output that pressure. I basically see a minimum pressure of 10 as appropriate at this point in auto mode, but if your machine is unable to properly change pressure, as it certainly should have in this graph, then I would either have it completely checked out, or start using fixed higher pressures.

The Overview chart shows it may be increasing pressure at times, so there may not be a problem. Higher minimum pressure until the events fall to an acceptable level is my recommendation.

(02-12-2018, 07:47 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your machine is not operating as expected for settings of 8-15.  For some reason it is reaching 11.0 cm and that all she wrote!  Even the typical Respironics Auto pressure increases to test a higher pressure are being decapitated.   I'd really like to see you set that machine at 12 to 15, just to see if you can get it to output that pressure.  I basically see a minimum pressure of 10 as appropriate at this point in auto mode, but if your machine is unable to properly change pressure, as it certainly should have in this graph, then I would either have it completely checked out, or start using fixed higher pressures.

The Overview chart shows it may be increasing pressure at times, so there may not be a problem.  Higher minimum pressure until the events fall to an acceptable level is my recommendation.

I can set it up to 12 for the minimum, how long to use it that way to get useable data?

RE: Sleepyhead data help - Sleeprider - 02-12-2018

It's not so important, it's just a test to make sure your machine gets out past 11.0. If you find that pressure comfortable, it wouldn't hurt to use it. I almost see 11.0 as a good minimum. I'm just a bit perplexed at how flat your pressure stays.

Ok, I'll set it to 12-15 tonight and report back tomorrow with the charts.

Thank you,
matt

RE: Sleepyhead data help - mattmill - 02-13-2018

Good morning,
Here's the data from last night. I found the pressure at 12 a bit uncomfortable in the sense that I woke several times with a very dry mouth. It was not from mouth breathing but internal as if the back of my tongue didn't stay in place and allowed the air into the mouth area at times if that makes sense.

matt

[attachment=4397]

RE: Sleepyhead data help - mattmill - 02-14-2018

Since I found 12cm to be uncomfortable I dropped it back down to 9cm (up from the original 8 cm). Here's the chart from that one, still a pretty flat pressure line.

Any more thoughts? Stick out the higher pressure or keep it back down?

[attachment=4432]

RE: Sleepyhead data help - Walla Walla - 02-14-2018

I think Sleeprider was right about 11cm. It takes time to adjust to higher pressures for some. Try increasing to 10cm give it a few days than try 11cm.