Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Need advice...what's wrong with my CPAP? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Need advice...what's wrong with my CPAP? (/Thread-Need-advice-what-s-wrong-with-my-CPAP)

Need advice...what's wrong with my CPAP? - larrs - 02-13-2018

My Bi pap has worked flawlessly for 6 months. I would go to bed and it is programmed to start at 8 and ramp up as needed. Every AM for those months, I would wake up with the pressure at 13 to 15. About two months ago I noticed waking up that it would only be around 8 and that I was not feeling as well. I got the machine replaced under warranty but the new one has the same behavior. I assume something is up with the mask, hoses, etc. 
My question is should I just replace everything or is it more likely I start with one component and go from there? I  really feel much better when it works properly so I would like to get it done fast, which means I will probably just get everything and go from there but I'd like opinions on where to start first.

RE: Need advice...what's wrong with my CPAP? - Walla Walla - 02-13-2018

I'd dump it and buy an AirSenese 10 autoSet.

RE: Need advice...what's wrong with my CPAP? - Sleeprider - 02-13-2018

Larrs, the HDM Z1 machine is a CPAP, no BiPAP. It is a small machine that is very short on features and useful data. If you really want to up your game and get excellent treatment, the suggestion to get a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is exactly what you need. The autoset can automatically adjust to provide the pressure you need, and it has exhale pressure relief that indeed operates like a bilevel giving up to 3-cm of pressure relief on exhale. While intended as a comfort feature, it has real therapy applications. You get a quiet machine with heated humidity and option for heated hose. It's going to feel like moving from a flea-bag to the Ritz Carlton.

Very good prices are available on Amazon for this.

RE: Need advice...what's wrong with my CPAP? - Sleep2Snore - 02-13-2018

In the meantime, put the pressure on your machine up to 14, this should cover most events.
I do not know the machine you have so I can't comment on it.

Okay, I looked it up, that is a very nice travel machine with a handy battery.
This is a travel machine (It is designed for that in mind) that is a fixed pressure, it can't adjust by itself, it is a CPAP.
It does say it can be used every day, but it is fixed pressure, so I don't see how it could have adjusted by itself?
If you are ot feeling good, put up the pressure.
I would keep this machine for days when you are traveling where there is no mains power and get a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset for all other times.  It will be well worth it and it is quite a small unit as well, easy to travel with, but it does need mains or 24vDC.
I don't think you would regret forking out the cash for one.
But do keep the one you have at the moment, it is very handy for travel.

RE: Need advice...what's wrong with my CPAP? - trish6hundred - 02-14-2018

Hi larrs,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck getting your CPAP therapy back on track.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.