Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
help with my resmed s9 vpap adapt auto sv - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: help with my resmed s9 vpap adapt auto sv (/Thread-help-with-my-resmed-s9-vpap-adapt-auto-sv)

help with my resmed s9 vpap adapt auto sv - ppeter78 - 02-13-2018

hi im new i just joined here but i have an issue my sleep company sent someone out to change my pressure settings and he cant find the ipap max setting and i wanted to make sure that they gave me the right machine and i was hoping someone could tell me where this setting is so i can make sure its set to 25cm

i hope im posting this in the right place but i have a resmed s9 vpap adapt auto sv

the prescription says

epap max 11cm
epap max 15cm
pressure support min 4cm
pressure support max 14cm
and Ipap max 25cm

the Ipap max setting is the only setting that the guy that came out today could not find.  any help with this would be greatly welcomed !
tks
Peter

RE: help with my resmed s9 vpap adapt auto sv - Sleeprider - 02-13-2018

There is no IPAP max on that machine. The combination of EPAP max plus PS max determines the potential maximum IPAP. In our case that totals 26 cm, but unless you hit both the EPAPmax and maximum PS at the same time you won't hit it. Philips AutoSV Advanced machines let the Pmax (maximum pressure) be set, but it's inconsequential in this case.

Hopefully this is a machine you have owned for a while. The current version of Resmed ASV is the Aircurve 10 ASV, and has been around since 2015 when the S9 was discontinued.

You should go to the CPAP setup manuals and order a copy of the clinical manual for the Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt. You could use that to tutor the tech. https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pressure/change-cpap-pressure-settings-adjusting-your-machine-with-a-clinician-setup-manual

RE: help with my resmed s9 vpap adapt auto sv - ppeter78 - 02-13-2018

I have had it for 5 years 
So i dont need to worry about  the ipap max ??
 The sleep place and m doctor was very adamant that had to be set that way.

They are too used to dealing with Philips machines. You don't have it, and it makes no difference. As said, the IPAP cannot exceed the sum of EPAP max and PS max. 

Quote:the prescription says

epap max 11cm
epap max 15cm
pressure support min 4cm
pressure support max 14cm
and Ipap max 25cm

EPAP 11-15, PS 4-14.  I miss-read your setting first time through. Your EPAP min is 11 and max is 15, so you have the potential to realize 15 + 14 which is 29 cm.  It would not be too difficult to fine-tune your settings to avoid pressure greater than 25 cm.  It sure would be nice to see a #Sleepyhead chart on you to see what your real pressure range is.  Give me a second to look at the manual on the VPAP Adapt.  BRB

These are the clinical options for your ASV.  AS you can see there is not setting for maximum pressure or IPAP max. The Resmed ASV assumes a doctor makes appropriate choices to balance EPAP requirements and Pressure needs, and the machine meets the range of those choices.  If you NEED an EPAP range of 11-15 to prevent obstructive apnea, and you NEED Pressure support up to 14 cm to cause a backup breath, then how does one justify having the machine "choose" which of those parameters not to deliver, when the IPAP max is set lower than those prescription parameters require?  What I am telling you is, the problem is not the machine. It will do what is needed, but your doctor needs to define those needs. 

So what will he give up to ensure your maximum pressure is never more than 25 cm? He can cut either max EPAP or Max PS or a blend of both. That is how it works. Even if there was an IPAP limit, something is going to come up short.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4426]

RE: help with my resmed s9 vpap adapt auto sv - ajack - 02-13-2018

those settings are at the max, the machine will go to
the min epap 11, dictates a max ps 14 (Max ps follows min epap, lower epap allows higher ps and visa versa)
the max epap available is 15

get some sleepyhead charts up.

RE: help with my resmed s9 vpap adapt auto sv - ppeter78 - 02-13-2018

Tks I had no clue what that meanthe before I didn't know they added them up. No one has every explained it to me before they just set it up. This is the first time I actually saw the script