Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed Heated Hose--Doesn't Really Turn Off - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed Heated Hose--Doesn't Really Turn Off (/Thread-ResMed-Heated-Hose-Doesn-t-Really-Turn-Off)

ResMed Heated Hose--Doesn't Really Turn Off - Snorzz - 02-16-2018

I got a heated hose and it drowned me the first night, so I turned it to manual, turned temp down to 75, humidity down to 4; still drowned me.  The next night I turned the temp off, kept the humidity to 4, and it still rained out on me.  So I switched out to my old cheap non heated hose in the middle of the night, flipped all the water I could out of the mask, and slept like a baby the rest of the night.  I have the fleece wrapper ordered for the heated hose, but may never try it again.  The first 3 nights were pretty miserable.  It's not just the water in the face, it makes the air harder to breath in, have to really labor to get a breath.

Even when you turn off all the functions of the heated hose, it is still building up the humidity----some how!

RE: ResMed Heated Hose--Doesn't Really Turn Off - Walla Walla - 02-16-2018

What you should have done is increase the hose temp while decreasing the humidity level.

RE: ResMed Heated Hose--Doesn't Really Turn Off - Snorzz - 02-16-2018

I had hoped to leave the machine on auto, which is 80 deg & auto humidity; maybe with the fleece that will work.  Beginning to rethink the whole heated hose thing though.  I tend to sleep much hotter than my wife, which brings on arguments about AC.  Maybe I am better off breathing in the cool air to keep my body heat down,  Perhaps I will try it one more time, but it sure ruins a nights sleep when the water starts dripping in your face.

RE: ResMed Heated Hose--Doesn't Really Turn Off - paulag1955 - 02-16-2018

What's your room temperature? If the room is cool, that will increase condensation. I have my humidity set to 5 (max) and my tube set to 86 (also max) to avoid condensation in the tubing in my 60 degree room.

We keep the room around 70, so that's part of the problem.

RE: ResMed Heated Hose--Doesn't Really Turn Off - Marillion - 02-16-2018

As mentioned earlier. You need to turn up the temp on your hose while turning down the humidity setting. Way down. I have my humidity set at 2 while the hose temp is almost at max. I never have any episodes of excess humidity or rainout.

But then, what is the purpose of the heated hose?  Just heat?  I thought the objective was humidity.

RE: ResMed Heated Hose--Doesn't Really Turn Off - Walla Walla - 02-16-2018

If you increase the humidity temperature you want to increase the hose temperature also. The humidity temperature increases the moisture and the hose temperature prevents the rainout. Keep increasing the hose temperature until the rainout stops.

RE: ResMed Heated Hose--Doesn't Really Turn Off - Gary1of2 - 02-19-2018

Do you think it might be drool. Thats what happened tome