Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
I'd like introduce myself to you - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: I'd like introduce myself to you (/Thread-I-d-like-introduce-myself-to-you)

Pages: 1 2 3

I'd like introduce myself to you - ShaunBlake - 02-19-2018

I'm here primarily to gain knowledge and wisdom, with high hopes of  discovering opportunities to help others. I have OSA, which was diagnosed about 25 years ago. I stopped using it after about 10 to 12 years, then was reevaluated five or so years ago, and I was again diagnosed with OSA, and COPD as well. Since then, I've successfully have used a ResMed Escape II until last December, when the mask fell apart. To get a replacement, I was required to do another sleep study. It was done at home with a CPAP, which revealed that my apneas could be resolved but my O2 was too low. A second study was required, with a BiPAP.
That study was interrupted by a little bradycardia which necessitated an emergency pacemaker placement. During that hospital visit, it was necessary to be on O2. After release, at my follow-up visit with the RRT RCP, it was discovered that the BiPAP couldn't get the job done and I had to have 2-3l O2 -- I needed an oxygen concentrator (but only for sleep -- go figure), at about 2-3 lpm nocturnal oximetry (because there were approximately 109‐111 minutes where oxygen saturation levels were <= 88% on both CPAP and BiPAP alone).
My doctor has ordered an AirSense 10 AutoSet, which has been approved (I'm on Medicare) and sent to Avira, who has collected my co-pay and is now doing what they're known for. Medicare hasn't yet approved the O2 concentrator, but one of the doctor's nurses informed me that she would add an 'Urgent' flag to the request.
I apologize in advance; I realize that this history and details are not as well-ordered and complete as you might like. That's partly because this forum and exhaustive information repository are new to me, and also, I admit, my cognitive ability is declining significantly -- and who knows, it may not be effected by OSA; it might just be my inate dumbness.  Dielaughing

RE: I'd like introduce myself to you - Sleep2Snore - 02-19-2018

Hello, is there anything else can possibly go wrong?   Unsure Rolleyes 
You do believe in getting your moneys worth Smile 

Seriously though, you are having some time of it!

RE: I'd like introduce myself to you - SarcasticDave94 - 02-19-2018

Welcome

And welcome to the Wrongling Bros. 3 ring circus, starring your pulmonary doc, the DME, and the health insurance co. We at Apnea Board will help you keep these Ducks in a row. Keep us updated how things progress. While you wait, please feel free to visit the A.B. cafe for some great coffee and donuts. The virtual kind are all that's left, sorry.

lots-o-coffee

Dave, have you eaten all the rest?

RE: I'd like introduce myself to you - SarcasticDave94 - 02-19-2018

No, I forgot to bring them from the virtual donut store.

Ahh shucks!

RE: I'd like introduce myself to you - Walla Walla - 02-19-2018

Welcome to the board. If you want to do some reading there's link's below on masks and sleepyhead also a download link for sleepyhead software.

RE: I'd like introduce myself to you - ShaunBlake - 02-19-2018

(02-19-2018, 04:52 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Welcome

And welcome to the Wrongling Bros. 3 ring circus, starring your pulmonary doc, the DME, and the health insurance co. We at Apnea Board will help you keep these Ducks in a row. Keep us updated how things progress. While you wait, please feel free to visit the A.B. cafe for some great coffee and donuts. The virtual kind are all that's left, sorry.

lots-o-coffee

That's the first encouraging news I've had! Please get them lined up now (single-file, if you can); I'm getting my gun now...

Oh, and I appreciate the offer of refreshments but since you don't offer Guinness, I'll leave them for the hungry guys.

RE: I'd like introduce myself to you - ShaunBlake - 02-19-2018

(02-19-2018, 06:27 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Welcome to the board. If you would to do some reading there's link's below on masks and sleepyhead also a download link for sleepyhead software.

Thanks! (er... I've already sneaked into those links. Sorry! <abashed grin>)

The links have provided as much help as the various posts I've read. Sadly, none provide methods to "persuade" DME providers and/or Medicare to do in a timely manner what they eventually will do.

RE: I'd like introduce myself to you - Walla Walla - 02-19-2018

You could walk back and forth in front of the store with a billboard that reads "Still Waiting for My Machine!"