Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Product Review Forums (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Product-Review-Forums)
+---- Forum: CPAP Mask Reviews (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-CPAP-Mask-Reviews)
+---- Thread: [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask (/Thread-Product-Review-Resmed-AirTouch-F20-Full-Face-Mask)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask - trish6hundred - 02-21-2018

Here is my Review of the Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask.
First, I give it 5 stars:
I really like the AirTouch memmory foam cushion. It is very comfortable, and I have been using this mask since November 6, 2017 and have not had much trouble with it.  I have used wipes to wash it and have run it under water to rince it, and gentally  squeezed water out of the foam and allowed it to dry for the next use,    it is still going strong.  I have recently noticed a very slight tear, but it is not enough to cause trouble with the cushion.
I have tried the F20 Silicon cushion,  I found it a little too tacky, but it’s not impossible to use. The mask also has a swivel so you can move the hose  in all directions.
I like the headgear and the magnetic clips on the bottom straps.
I hope this review helps people with their trial of different masks.

RE: Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask - SarcasticDave94 - 02-21-2018

trish6hundred,

Thanks for the review. I've used both the AirTouch and AirFit cushions. I liked the AirTouch because it was softer than the AirFit silicone. For me though, I had difficulty getting a good seal, so I went back to the silicone. Still it's a good product for those that can use it.

For me it's a 4 star rating.

RE: Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask - readyforsleep - 02-21-2018

Trish,  do I understand you have been using the same cushion since November 2017?

RE: Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask - trish6hundred - 02-23-2018

Yes I have been using the same cushion since Nov. 6, 2017.
The reason I did that is to prove that I could use it longer than the 1-month amount of time that Resmed said. I'm a bit of a cheapskate, where I think I can afford to be, (Ha-Ha.)
Of course, YMMV.
I will be changing it pretty soon, when I think the seal is not as good.

RE: Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask - readyforsleep - 02-23-2018

That is amazing.  I am going to try your cleaning technique.  Glad I saved my old cushions. I have been getting 6 weeks if I am lucky.

RE: Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask - trish6hundred - 02-23-2018

(02-23-2018, 08:59 AM)readyforsleep Wrote: That is amazing.  I am going to try your cleaning technique.  Glad I saved my old cushions. I have been getting 6 weeks if I am lucky.

Hi readyforsleep,
I hope it works for you. It seems like there was someone on the main forum who tried similar techniques to get longer life out of his AirTouch cushion as well.
Good luck with that, I'll be anxious to hear how you do.

RE: Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask - Vitamin J - 04-15-2018

I'm getting ready to do a Titration test this week and they told me that I can use the mask of my choosing...this is the one i've been thinking about.

RE: Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask - Walla Walla - 04-16-2018

The good: Like the Airfit Mask it comes with a well designed headstrap setup. Easy to adjust and the straps are away from the eyes. Somewhat noisy vents but easy to get use to.

The bad: What is suppose to be the selling point of the mask is actually the problem. Unlike the Airfit the mask doesn't rely on air to push the mask up against your face to create the seal. It's designed to have the small foam part create the seal by tightening the straps. This results in deep narrow ruts in the face from the small foam edge. On the Airfit the silicone inflates against the face over a wider area to create a seal without leaving the deep marks. Also the straps can be worn looser with the Airfit.     

One other note is the Air Touch is more narrow around the bridge of the nose than the AirFit. For me this resulted in my nose becoming plugged up as the night went on.

RE: Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask - SarcasticDave94 - 04-16-2018

Good points to ponder Walla Walla. I didn't notice the size differential between AirFit and AirTouch. Looking now at them both...

Yep the AirTouch is more narrow on the nose. I'll try it again sometime, and will ask for a medium AirTouch instead of small AirFit F20.

RE: Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask - SarcasticDave94 - 04-16-2018

In case any was wanting to know, the AirTouch and AirFit F20 cushions I have are sized and shaped different despite both being listed as small. See images below.

[attachment=5373]
[attachment=5374]

AirTouch on left. It seems taller and more narrow, pointed like IMO.