Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Disabiling MYAIR - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Disabiling MYAIR (/Thread-Disabiling-MYAIR)

Pages: 1 2 3

Disabiling MYAIR - yankees123 - 03-09-2018

Recently myair has a new policy that they will be able to use some of the personal information they have on you when you originally signed up with them.
Does anyone know the procedure so we can opt out of this and not allow them to get to use this data?
Also wondering how many members will be opting out.
Thanks,btw myair is no comparison to the info we all get from sleepyhead.

RE: Disabiling MYAIR - PaulaO2 - 03-09-2018

Turn on Airplane Mode. This disables the modem.

RE: Disabiling MYAIR - Sleeprider - 03-09-2018

You can opt out or if you disagree with MyAir setting cookies, just disable that function:
Quote:If you disagree with the changes you can edit your browser preferences to refuse to accept cookies, remove cookies or notify you when a cookie is set (select the "Help" menu on your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences). You do not have to accept all cookies sent to you by our websites. Depending on the particular cookie you reject, you may not be able to use some features on the website you are visiting or signing in to.

To deactivate your myAir account, contact myAir Support by clicking on the MyAir Support at the bottom of the page.
What can we help you with? Select Account
Tell us more: Select Account Changes
Choose question: How do I cancel my account?

Use the contact form that appears to cancel the account.

RE: Disabiling MYAIR - YankeesNYC - 03-09-2018

Thanks so much Sleeprider. Followed your instructions and waiting for their reply.

RE: Disabiling MYAIR - LarryRapp - 03-09-2018

Ditto.

RE: Disabiling MYAIR - Marillion - 03-09-2018

I will not be opting out. Personally speaking, I really couldn't care less who does and doesn't look at my sleep data. If it helps Resmed make better equipment to help me with my sleep Apnea, then I'm all for it.

RE: Disabiling MYAIR - kiwii - 03-09-2018

It isn't just your sleep data that they will be sharing.

RE: Disabiling MYAIR - MitchS - 03-09-2018

Last Friday I followed the the procedure Sleeprider described to request my account be deleted. I received an email last Monday informing me my MyAir had been deleted per my request. As kiwii said, it isn't only sleep data they are sharing. Even if it was, once they start down that road, they will get more and more intrusive as time goes by.

RE: Disabiling MYAIR - foss - 03-10-2018

When I recently changed to a different DME due to insurance company change, MyAir dropped my account asking for new information. Since I don't see much benefit in MyAir, I won't be providing them with the new info.

v/r
foss

RE: Disabiling MYAIR - Marillion - 03-12-2018

(03-09-2018, 06:00 PM)kiwii Wrote: It isn't just your sleep data that they will be sharing.

Oh?  What else will they be sharing?

When I read the terms, what I understood was they are using our personal data (birthdate, sex, sleepdata, email) for product research and development as well as sending emails about new products if one has opted in for that. I wasn't aware that they are sharing our info with third parties...