Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
sleepyhead not showing good in uhd - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: sleepyhead not showing good in uhd (/Thread-sleepyhead-not-showing-good-in-uhd)

Pages: 1 2

sleepyhead not showing good in uhd - natyprueba - 03-13-2018

HI everybody.

I am now in UHD 3840x 2160 in my PC screen but sleepyhead with this definition is really small and almost unreadable.
The only way to read it confortable is to change the display definition and the screen scale.
Can the Jedy fix this problem?
or there is another solution?
Ralph

RE: sleepyhead not showing good in uhd - ShaunBlake - 03-13-2018

natyprueba...
I am now in UHD 3840x 2160 in my PC screen but sleepyhead with this definition is really small and almost unreadable.
The only way to read it confortable is to change the display definition and the screen scale.

What OS are you running?

You say "now" -- what resolution did you have, and how did you get to 3k x 2k?

Why don't you want to change the scale -- are all your other app's appearances pleasing?

RE: sleepyhead not showing good in uhd - Crimson Nape - 03-13-2018

For font,size and/or line thickness, look under File -> Preferences -> Appearance for display parameters.

RE: sleepyhead not showing good in uhd - natyprueba - 03-13-2018

TKS FOR YOUR FAST ANSWER
W10 BUILD 1709
I WAS USING LAPTOPS WITH 1366X768
I GOT A NEW DESKTOP WITH 4GB GRAPHIC CARD
I DONT CHANGE BECAUSE IT TAKES ME ABOUT 5 MINUTES, IF I CHANGE TO 1366X 768 I READ OK SLEEPYHEAD.
ALL OTHERS APPS DO NOT HAVE PROBLEMS
THIS IS 4K
SUGGESTIONS?
RALPH

This may be caused by something hard-coded in SleepyHead so, I hate to suggest it but:
First, go into SH and click on 'Help' | 'Report a Bug'; send a message with your Win version; screen resolution; description of the problem. Hopefully it's something that Mark Watkins, the developer of SH, can tell you how to fix it. If it is something that hard-coded, Mark will have to address it, which may mean reinstalling SH.

Next, follow Crimson Nape's suggestion to go into SH 'File' | 'Preferences'; find the 'Appearance' tab on the far right of the screen and change the parameters that improve the appearance enough to get by. You'll definitely want to change the fonts, located at the bottom of that tab. Probably need to change the 'Graph Settings' in the top left corner of the tab. (Before you make any changes, you might want to take a screenshot of the tab so you can reset everything in case you don't need to reinstall SH and don't want the opposite problem: giant text and graphics.

RE: sleepyhead not showing good in uhd - natyprueba - 03-13-2018

Thanks everybody.
I will try tomorrow.
About the data you are asking , they are I my last answer.
It is  a sh problem, because none of the other apps or software got any kind of trouble.
Do not think that I don't know sh or I am a rockie using sh, in 2 more months I 'll make 3 years with the CPAP
and always using sh.
When I wake up first thing is go to the computer to see how I slept and if I did it wrong
try to find out what was my mistake.
For that is difficult for me half sleep to be changing everything back and forth in the settings and re boot, etc.
I hope that my post address this problem and the solution in the right direction.
tomorrow I 'll do a screenshot of the screen that I got in 4k and will try to post it. You will see
that's unusable.
By the way, Tks Jedi for sh
Ralph

huh, you don't need to do a screenshot to prove it's unusable, I can imagine it from what you said! And I appreciate the bother it will be to make the changes in Preferences -- which would take some experimenting, and may or may not make it significantly better.

RE: sleepyhead not showing good in uhd - jaswilliams - 03-14-2018

Another user had good results messing with the compatibility mode see this thread

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-SOLVED-SleepyHead-Display-Problems-on-High-Res-High-DPI-Screens

Jason

RE: sleepyhead not showing good in uhd - Sleeprider - 03-14-2018

The solution for UHD monitor problems has been added to the Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead Wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Beginner%27s_Guide_to_SleepyHead#High_Resolution_Monitors

RE: sleepyhead not showing good in uhd - natyprueba - 03-15-2018

Thank you

For now this looks a good solution.
I tried and screwed the sh, because I gave too much wide, and now I can not go back, because is way too big.
I must uninstall sh and install again and go little by little.
Any way I think that the problem is solve.
Again thank you.
When I got time I will fix it, in the meanwhile  I will keep using my laptop.
Ralph