Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New Attempt Tonight - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New Attempt Tonight (/Thread-New-Attempt-Tonight)

Pages: 1 2 3

New Attempt Tonight - DoubtFire61 - 03-13-2018

I went in this morning and picked up my new "gadget" an AirSense 10 Autoset.

We also discussed the mask issues, tried a few on and came away with the ResMed F10 with both the medium and large sizes.

I tried the F20, but the nose bridge on it was not wide enough.

The machine is set for 4-20 with the Autoramp on AUTO and the EPR set to 3.

I'm downloading SleepyHead now...

RE: New Attempt Tonight - markndurham - 03-13-2018

Its a nice machine. Had mine about 9 days.

RE: New Attempt Tonight - Sleep2Snore - 03-13-2018

I think you might find 4 a bit to low, however, a night with it and a bit of data and you will find out how things are going.   Smile 

I think you will find it a nice machine, but might need a bit of tweaking to make it a bit better.

RE: New Attempt Tonight - sonicboom - 03-13-2018

4-20 is wide open. Most people feel starved for air below 6 although I am quite comfortable starting at 5.6. 5-15 would have been a good starting point but post some data after a few nights.

RE: New Attempt Tonight - DoubtFire61 - 03-14-2018

Well, that's an improvement....

Still having to dink around with the humidity and mask a bit...and I decided to tweak the settings from 4-20 to 5-18 but I've got the first graph!

Interpretations and recommendations are welcomed.

[attachment=4896]

RE: New Attempt Tonight - Sleeprider - 03-14-2018

Well I'm glad that first night is over. Now reset the minimum pressure to 8 with EPR at 3 and I think you're going to be much happier. Here is the problem with 4, 5 and 6 as minimum pressures. First, you need higher pressure as evidenced in your median result. The big problem with low pressure and EPR at 3 is that you can't get "out of the hole" when you need more pressure. Your pressure starts at 4/4, and has to go to 7/4 before EPAP even moves. So if you want to use EPR at 3, which is nice for most people, a minimum pressure of 7 is practically mandatory. Remember that in bilevel therapy (which is what EPR provides), it is EPAP that controls OA.

Your chart might be improved by moving mask pressure down and flow limitation up. I am seeing some clustering of events that might suggest some of that OA is positional.

RE: New Attempt Tonight - trish6hundred - 03-14-2018

Hope things go well for you tonight, DoubtFire61.

RE: New Attempt Tonight - DoubtFire61 - 03-15-2018

So, I've just figured out the the F10 is a bust for me. Fits great, comfortable.... but the exhale venting is practically non-existent! This ring of holes around the coupling are just not enough.

Grr

RE: New Attempt Tonight - JesseLee - 03-15-2018

There are many many many mask options out there, thankfully! Have you asked your DME if they have a demo mask that you can try? They may allow you to take a mask home to try before you buy. If they won't do that, ask them to try some masks. It's best to try them on under pressure while connected to a machine. Hang in there!

RE: New Attempt Tonight - PaulaO2 - 03-15-2018

Try turning the EPR down. Some masks, I found I had more trouble with it on 3 than on 1 or even 2. Even between the same type of masks, the exhale relief need can be different for each user.