Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Airsense 10 problem with DreamWear Mask - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Airsense 10 problem with DreamWear Mask (/Thread-Airsense-10-problem-with-DreamWear-Mask)

Pages: 1 2

Airsense 10 problem with DreamWear Mask - kpanos - 03-15-2018

[attachment=4919]
I am rather new in CPAP treatment (less than a month) and I purchased the Resmed Airsense 10 Auto with a Resmed Swift FX nasal mask. I also started using the SleepyHead software to monitor the treatment. According to the software I had a very good AHI index (less than 3) and I already felt better.

Two weeks later, as I was not feeling so comfortable with the air tube under my nose, I decided to buy the Respironics DreamWear nasal mask which I believe is an ideal mask as regarding the feeling of freedom. BUT from the first day of using that mask, I had major problems that never had with the Swift FX. First of all, the Airsense 10 Auto, was no more able to sense that I was getting the mask off, stopping providing air, so I should always manually turn it off. Additionally, my AHI index reached very high levels (more than 10) and I felt not good again in my sleep. When checking the SleepyHead software, I found out that the Airsense 10 reported faulty OA and CA events, for periods I was not sleeping.

I do not know if anybody else had such problems, but as it seems the combination of Airsense 10 and the DreamWear mask is not working for me. I believe that Airsense can not realize if I am sleeping or not, to correctly adjust the pressure so it does not treat my apnea events as it should.

I need a presure level of 8 for my treatment, so the machine is set to provide 5 to 11. I changed the ramp time from Auto to Off, bypassing the lower levels without improvement. I do not know what is wrong with that set, as I hear that there are people out there using the same set without any problems.

Could anybody suggest any ideas please ?

I attach a report with the DreamWear mask. Notice that from 6:00 to 6:20 and 7:40 to 8:00 I was awake.

RE: Airsense 10 problem with DreamWear Mask - Gary1of2 - 03-16-2018

It would help us if you would orginize your sleepy head charts . You can find out how too do this by looking at our signatures on how.

RE: Airsense 10 problem with DreamWear Mask - Sleep2Snore - 03-16-2018

Hi Kapanos, welcome to the Apneaboard.
At first glance you appear to be getting a lot of Central Apneas rether than Obstructive Apneas.
You might be better off with a different machine to the one you have, however, once you have more data we can advise you a bit better.

RE: Airsense 10 problem with DreamWear Mask - kpanos - 03-16-2018

Hi Gary.

Unfortunately the link "Organize your SleepyHead charts" does not work.

RE: Airsense 10 problem with DreamWear Mask - Sleep2Snore - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 09:45 AM)kpanos Wrote: Hi Gary.

Unfortunately the link "Organize your SleepyHead charts" does not work.

Try this http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=SleepyHead_Chart_Organization

Sleep2Snore

The real problem is that I am NOT really sleeping the specific periods of time (from 6:00 to 6:20 and 7:40 to 8:00) these events are reported. All these are faulty events. It seems that the machine can not sense that I am not sleeping, when using the Dreamwear mask.

RE: Airsense 10 problem with DreamWear Mask - Walla Walla - 03-16-2018

No machine can tell if your sleeping or not. The auto on/off sometimes has problems with nasal pillow masks and the Dreamwear is considered a pillow mask. Make sure you have the mask setting to pillows on the machine. If that doesn't work than your stuck shutting it off manually.

(03-16-2018, 09:51 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Try this "sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize"

It seems that due to DNS issues this link is unreachable from Greece, by using Firefox or Chrome, but I finally managed to load the page by using the Tor browser !! Cool

I reuploaded the Dreamwear report.

And a nice report with the Swift FX mask.