Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet mask setting - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet mask setting (/Thread-ResMed-AirSense-10-AutoSet-mask-setting)

ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet mask setting - txrpls - 03-16-2018

I just noticed that I had my machine set for full face mask while reviewing  Sleepyhead data. I just recently changed to a ResMed P10 nasal pillows mask. I changed the setting in the clinical menu, but I am wondering if it changes anything or if it is just for reporting. The options are full face, pillows and nasal. I set it to pillows.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet mask setting - Walla Walla - 03-16-2018

You'll feel a little less pressure going from the full face mask setting to the pillow setting. It will feel like about a 1cm difference. Does it change anything? I know it affects the reported leak rate. It'll show a higher leak rate under pillow setting than full face mask.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet mask setting - txrpls - 03-16-2018

Thanks for the info. I am feeling a little air starved at startup with the previous setting. I think i'll try a night or two before making changes.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet mask setting - CB91710 - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 08:15 PM)txrpls Wrote: Thanks for the info. I am feeling a little air starved at startup with the previous setting. I think i'll try a night or two before making changes.

Go up to the next size larger pillows, it makes a HUGE difference in breathing effort when you are trying to get to sleep.

Beyond that, I am most comfortable with my starting pressure at 8.5 and EPAP at 2, but it took me a few months to gradually work up to that minimum pressure.
If you are currently at 4-20, I'd bump that 4 up to 6 and see how it feels.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet mask setting - txrpls - 03-17-2018

Thanks for the reply. I am using the large size of the P10 and my setting is 8 to 16 with full-time EPR at 3. Last night was pretty darn good. I have noticed some large mouth leaks the last couple of night, nothing major. I am a mouth breather and I wear a chin strap. Will an open mouth show up as a leak in Sleepyhead using a nasal mask? Usually, I wake up if I open my mouth as it feels like the jet stream coming out my mouth.  Smile

[attachment=4960]

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet mask setting - Walla Walla - 03-17-2018

If you look at your chart you'll see where the leak rate rises than plateaus for awhile. That's an indication of mouth breathing.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet mask setting - txrpls - 03-17-2018

(03-17-2018, 07:44 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: If you look at your chart you'll see where the leak rate rises than plateaus for awhile. That's an indication of mouth breathing.

Time to get out the duck tape.  Big Grin

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet mask setting - CB91710 - 03-19-2018

(03-17-2018, 07:53 AM)txrpls Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 07:44 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: If you look at your chart you'll see where the leak rate rises than plateaus for awhile. That's an indication of mouth breathing.
Time to get out the duck tape.  Big Grin
SarcasticDave said he had good luck with staples Big Grin

Yes, generally any "large leak" (the greyed area) is going to happen from a mouth leak when dealing with the P10.  Leaks around your nose due to position will be in the lower areas of the graph.
The important thing to remember is that during a "large leak" event, your machine is unable to determine whether you are having an apnea event or not and will not be able to adjust pressure as needed.