Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New CPAP $2K lease? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New CPAP $2K lease? (/Thread-New-CPAP-2K-lease)

Pages: 1 2

New CPAP $2K lease? - pdude - 03-19-2018

Doc office gave a quote for a new cpap machine and was told it would be $2000 on a lease program.  Pay a total of 2000 (down+payments) and then after a year if you're using your equipment then the insurance company will pay off the rest and you stop making payments when you hit that 2000 mark.  Otherwise you need to return the equipment.  Online looks like you can get one like this (dreamstation, resmed autosense) for under $1k.  So that's a big margin for $2k from the doctor's office especially if there's a residual payment more than $2k?

I saw some other threads here about this in Canada.  

Is this normal nowadays?  I don't recall paying that much for my first one.  Never heard of a lease program as I thought I just paid out right for mine before with the help of insurance in the beginning, but nothing to worry about a year later.

RE: New CPAP $2K lease? - Walla Walla - 03-19-2018

Walk away from this ripoff artist!

RE: New CPAP $2K lease? - PaulaO2 - 03-19-2018

Run. Unless you are in need of an ASV or BPAP, run. Nuts.

RE: New CPAP $2K lease? - Sleeprider - 03-19-2018

Ridiculous. Don't even consider it. A new Auto CPAP form Resmed or Philips costs under $900 retail complete. You can get it under $600 if you look around a bit. Use your doctor for health care not equipment, and if this guy is really trying to make boat payments or college tuition instead of caring for your needs, lose him. What's amazing is this guy wants you to pay 2-3 times his cost and then wants to bill insurance on top of that. Crazy.

RE: New CPAP $2K lease? - JesseLee - 03-19-2018

Ask him for a copy of the prescription. If he gives it to you, then buy elsewhere. If he won't give it to you buy elsewhere and get a new doc.

RE: New CPAP $2K lease? - SarcasticDave94 - 03-19-2018

Duck!

Ripoff Randy is at it again. Get your running shoes laced up. Get the script, etc. and exit stage right ASAP.

Coffee

RE: New CPAP $2K lease? - pdude - 03-19-2018

Thanks for the feedback all.  Yeah sounded a little strange to me as well.

RE: New CPAP $2K lease? - Gideon - 03-19-2018

but, but, but. . . . . . . . . 

"This includes all the support for your machine, it includes compliance checks, and a non-refundable check processing fee.  It's what all us ducks charge."
Your  consultations and mask advice are available to you at an additional charge.  

Sarcastic mode off. . . . . . .

RE: New CPAP $2K lease? - SarcasticDave94 - 03-19-2018

RE: New CPAP $2K lease? - Sleep2Snore - 03-20-2018

(03-19-2018, 05:56 PM)pdude Wrote: Doc office gave a quote for a new cpap machine and was told it would be $2000 on a lease program.  Pay a total of 2000 (down+payments) and then after a year if you're using your equipment then the insurance company will pay off the rest and you stop making payments when you hit that 2000 mark.  Otherwise you need to return the equipment.  Online looks like you can get one like this (dreamstation, resmed autosense) for under $1k.  So that's a big margin for $2k from the doctor's office especially if there's a residual payment more than $2k?

I saw some other threads here about this in Canada.  

Is this normal nowadays?  I don't recall paying that much for my first one.  Never heard of a lease program as I thought I just paid out right for mine before with the help of insurance in the beginning, but nothing to worry about a year later.

You are not buying shares in the company!  That price is higher than Everest!   Dielaughing