Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Pressure issue - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Pressure issue (/Thread-Pressure-issue)

Pages: 1 2

Pressure issue - cmp2903 - 03-22-2018

Hey you guys, first of all I would just like to say sorry in advance...I'm new here. 

Anyway, I was put on a Auto Cpap about a year and a half ago. I sleep through the night alright, but I still wake up tired (like head in a fog tired). I use a ResMed s9 auto and a amara view full face mask. I've tried different masks, but the amara seems to be the more comfortable/less likely to leak on me.  My pressure is set between 15-20 (the max). On average my AHI is 3. Usually my average pressure is 17.

However, these past few nights it's gone up to 19.8 and my AHI has gone up as well. I don't notice any leaks, I've been trying to use breathe right strips because I thought maybe I was just stuffy. Didn't help. Tried to use a chin strap because I thought maybe my jaw was getting too relaxed or something. Didn't help. And now I'm more tired than ever! Currently waiting on my doctor to give me a call back because I want another sleep study (hopefully insurance can cover this one).

But do you guys have any tips? Any helpful advice on how to get this to go down or improve my sleep quality? Or just any "I've seen this happen and it was ___" advice.

Thanks you guys!

RE: Pressure issue - Gideon - 03-22-2018

cmp2903 welcome to the forum.

Pressure is driven by OA, H, Flow Limits, and Snores.  It is real hard to say without any data.

We find that Sleepyhead (free) gives the best data and I would ask you to download and install SleepyHead, then Organize (important to make sure you show the important charts) your daily charts and attach them to a post here.

The links in my signature should guide you along the way.

Fred

RE: Pressure issue - cmp2903 - 03-23-2018

Thanks!

I installed SleepyHead, imported my data and organized it. Sorry to be that person, but what exactly am I looking for? I see a lot of data so it's a lot to take in!

RE: Pressure issue - Walla Walla - 03-23-2018

Ah nothing sit back and enjoy the ride. Just kidding your numbers look good your AHI is under 5 so that is considered treated. There's a link below called beginner's guide to sleepyhead. Read that and you'll learn everything you need.

(03-23-2018, 07:55 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Ah nothing sit back and enjoy the ride. Just kidding your numbers look good your AHI is under 5 so that is considered treated. There's a link below called beginner's guide to sleepyhead. Read that and you'll learn everything you need.

Currently digging into the guide....there's a lot to read lol! I see the doctor on Monday, but if my numbers look good (and they've looked this way since I've started treatment last year) why is it that I'm so tired? Is this just my life now?  Too-funny I had to switch sleep doctors because they wanted to put me on stimulants right off the bat...I kind of wanted to wait and see if there was something I was missing/tips I could try.

RE: Pressure issue - Walla Walla - 03-23-2018

If your sleeping well than it very well could be some other problem that's making you tired.

(03-23-2018, 08:32 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: If your sleeping well than it very well could be some other problem that's making you tired.

Sometimes I feel like I am, usually though I still wake up pretty tired. Ah, the joys of medical problems! Who knows what it could be?? Guess I’ll find out what this new doctor has to say about it!

RE: Pressure issue - Gideon - 03-23-2018

You have no leaks and your numbers are awesome!!!  BUT you got up shortly after the pressure rise and if I'm interpreting you correctly that higher pressure disturbs you.

First, does the pressure increase bother you?  If so set your max to 18 to eliminate the peak.

You can also try decreasing the EPR and lowering your min pressure.  Keep in mind that it is EPAP/Exhale pressure (the lower value on the chart) that actually splints your airway and treats your apnea.  I would suggest an EPR of 1 and a minimum of 14.6 (16.6 - the 2 we removed from the EPR).  This would leave you at the same therapeutic pressure and decrease your IPAP pressure by 2.   The goal is to see if you loose your brain fog.  

You do not need another Sleep Study unless it is looking for something other than apnea.

FYI you can reduce the height of each chart by grabbing the bottom and moving up.  That way you can include the snore and flow limit charts which I suspect spiked along with your pressure increase.

The other thing is yoou can post an expanded view, about 1 minute and no more than 2 minutes worth, and we can see how you are breathing from the Flow Chart.  I do not suspect anything, just to rule it out.

Fred

RE: Pressure issue - Hydrangea - 03-23-2018

I am an amateur at looking at data, so I'll leave that to the others.

BUT you only got 5 hours of sleep. Is that the norm for you? If so, I'd work on getting more hours of sleep each night.

RE: Pressure issue - OpalRose - 03-24-2018

(03-23-2018, 10:41 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: I am an amateur at looking at data, so I'll leave that to the others.

BUT you only got 5 hours of sleep.  Is that the norm for you?  If so, I'd work on getting more hours of sleep each night.

Hydrangea,
The chart shows a total of 9:37 hours. First session over 4:53 hours and second session 4:44 hrs. More than likely one of the sessions isn't turned on.
Look under Sessions information, left sidebar at the bottom.