Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Airsense 10 water chamber S vs C - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Airsense 10 water chamber S vs C (/Thread-Airsense-10-water-chamber-S-vs-C)

Airsense 10 water chamber S vs C - parrst - 03-31-2018

I know I read it here before, but I can't find the post now.  Which water chamber is the dishwasher safe version, the S or C.  Part numbers would also be helpful.

Thanks,
Bob

RE: Airsense 10 water chamber S vs C - Walla Walla - 03-31-2018

C is for the dishwasher. #37300 is the part number. Beware though you aren't suppose to leave it in for the dry cycle which to me means why spend the extra money.

RE: Airsense 10 water chamber S vs C - SarcasticDave94 - 03-31-2018

Might have been GrammaBear that had a dishwasher safe version fail/leak recently. If I remember correctly, she was told that's a known history with dishwasher versions to fail much sooner than the standard version.

RE: Airsense 10 water chamber S vs C - parrst - 03-31-2018

Well that may explain why my S failed.  I thought it was dishwasher safe.  I never use the dry mode on my dishwasher but my S leaked.  I just bought a "dishwasher safe one and it was a C so I wanted to be sure I didn't get ripped off.  Was only $20 so not too bad.  I empty the chamber at least every other day but I like to run it through the sanitize cycle on my dishwasher once in a while

Thanks again,
Bob

RE: Airsense 10 water chamber S vs C - PaulaO2 - 03-31-2018

The sanitize cycle on your dishwasher may be too hot for it. Just use the regular cycle and it will be just as clean.

RE: Airsense 10 water chamber S vs C - Ron AKA - 03-31-2018

I could be wrong, but these components in the F&P and the ResMed devices we currently have sure look like silicone to me. Silicone is usually good up to about 400 deg F. A dishwasher probably does not get much above 150 F, and it can't go above 212 F when it has water in it, as that is the boiling point of water. Over time it could deteriorate it though.

About the only thing you can get as fouling in a humidifier reservoir are minerals from the water, despite using demin or RO water. The best way to remove it is with vinegar. It will dissolve minerals very quickly. Then just wash out with soap and water in the sink. No need to put in a dishwasher. Same with coffee cups and tea cups over time. They scale up. Rinse them with vinegar, and they will sparkle much cleaner than the way they come out of the dishwasher.

RE: Airsense 10 water chamber S vs C - KCFLY - 04-02-2018

(03-31-2018, 11:43 PM)Ron AKA Wrote: I could be wrong, but these components in the F&P and the ResMed devices we currently have sure look like silicone to me. Silicone is usually good up to about 400 deg F. A dishwasher probably does not get much above 150 F, and it can't go above 212 F when it has water in it, as that is the boiling point of water. Over time it could deteriorate it though.

About the only thing you can get as fouling in a humidifier reservoir are minerals from the water, despite using demin or RO water. The best way to remove it is with vinegar. It will dissolve minerals very quickly. Then just wash out with soap and water in the sink. No need to put in a dishwasher. Same with coffee cups and tea cups over time. They scale up. Rinse them with vinegar, and they will sparkle much cleaner than the way they come out of the dishwasher.

Dishwashers generally all use 155 F for the sanitize cycle.