Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Looking for solutions if need to read/download SD card remotely - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Looking for solutions if need to read/download SD card remotely (/Thread-Looking-for-solutions-if-need-to-read-download-SD-card-remotely)

Pages: 1 2

Looking for solutions if need to read/download SD card remotely - luckydxx - 04-13-2018

Hi Tech gurus,

I need to solve a problem which i have no access to the sd card from device in China (I bought this for my mom and she will use this in china). 

Do you think any software is able to read/transfer the data over to my laptop here in US from china?

Does flashair or sleepmaster can do this? 

I don't know there is a better way that instead of let mom insert SD card each day to laptop and i remotely access that laptop and send the data over here. do you have other suggestion.

Also do you know how to read the data structure if not read directly from SD card, so can import to sleephead ?

I copy the whole file structure of SD card to my laptop here , and want to see whether copy each day's event to this folder and let sleephead read from this folder, instead of SD card, do you think it is doable?

thank you so much

RE: Looking for solutions if need to read/download SD card remotely - Crimson Nape - 04-13-2018

Please see my response to your question in the following thread:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-FlashPAP-FlashAir-WiFi-SD-card-utility?pid=254259#pid254259

RE: Looking for solutions if need to read/download SD card remotely - luckydxx - 04-13-2018

(04-13-2018, 07:53 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Please see my response to your question in the following thread:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-FlashPAP-FlashAir-WiFi-SD-card-utility?pid=254259#pid254259

thanks Crimson.

Another easier way is copy SD content and send over here.

I will let my mom insert sd card to her laptop, then i teamviewer to it. Handle email transfer the data.

Normally when you try to use sleep head, you can import from SD, but if i don't import from SD but from local folder (e.g. i only copy every few days data from remote SD to save time and send over my laptop), will it work?

I copy the whole file structure of SD card to my laptop here (image 2) , and want to see whether add each day's event to the datalog folder on my laptop and let sleephead read from this folder, instead of SD card, do you know it is doable or there is better suggestion?

thank you

RE: Looking for solutions if need to read/download SD card remotely - TiredToo - 04-13-2018

(04-13-2018, 10:22 AM)luckydxx Wrote: but if i don't import from SD but from local folder (e.g. i only copy every few days data from remote SD to save time and send over my laptop), will it work?

Sleepyhead doesn't care if it is on an SD card or not.  I use my FlashPap to download to a folder on my computer and Sleepyhead uses that folder to import data.

RE: Looking for solutions if need to read/download SD card remotely - jaswilliams - 04-13-2018

Prob the best way will to be copy the data off the SD card to a temp folder ZIP that folder and then copy the whole folder to your PC unpack and use.

I can still see that a Toshiba WiFi SD card and Flashpap would help as it would save your mum removing the SD card from the machine every day and placing in the PC It will be simpler for you to Launch Flashpap update the data on your mums PC and then just zip the destination folder and copy (I would ZIP and copy the whole file structure as the amount of data is very small) but it may be a pain to get the WiFI SD card working from the CPAP machine to the WiFi routr for the first time and you will need to get some assistance from a PC Literate person in your mums home.

Jason

RE: Looking for solutions if need to read/download SD card remotely - jaswilliams - 04-13-2018

All of the files are updated in the root folder of the SD card and in the DATALOG Folder there is a subfolder Dated for the previous day.

All of those are needed

RE: Looking for solutions if need to read/download SD card remotely - luckydxx - 04-13-2018

(04-13-2018, 12:01 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: All of the files are updated in the root folder of the SD card and in the DATALOG Folder there is a subfolder Dated for the previous day.

All of those are needed

so two identication.xxx files, STR.edf files and the dated subfolder under datalog I needed to zip and copy over, is it?
if zip whole SD I am afraid size is over 50M, i need to find a way to send over, either through baidu net and some other way.
what about setting folder?

Hmm not sure on the settings file. That’s why I was thinking of zipping the whole SD card so you don’t miss anything

RE: Looking for solutions if need to read/download SD card remotely - Crimson Nape - 04-13-2018

luckydxx,
I know I'm full of questions, but what types of internet connections are available where your mother will be staying? Cable, DSL, Dial-up?

(04-13-2018, 02:09 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: luckydxx,
I know I'm full of questions, but what types of internet connections are available where your mother will be staying? Cable, DSL, Dial-up?

Optical broadband, option could be 500M, 200M, 100M, 50M...
I think she is using 100M. We temporally disconnect service, need to reconnect. .