Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ? (/Thread-Are-events-per-hour-on-the-MyAir-App-the-same-as-AHI)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ? - theMezz - 04-24-2018

Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ?

RE: Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ? - Walla Walla - 04-24-2018

Yes they're the same.

RE: Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ? - theMezz - 04-24-2018

Had my ResMed for 10 days. Finally able to tolerate it for more than a couple hours and actually sleep at the same time. Sad to see my AHI at 15.9 (my sleep test was 21)

APAP is set 4-14 and hovers around 13.9 most of the night.

Think the AHI will get better than the 15.9 I see now? Maybe pressure too low.

Shall I give it a few days and see what happens or does the AHI typically remain the same?

Next DR appointment is 5 weeks away. 

Thinking-about

RE: Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ? - Walla Walla - 04-24-2018

Download Sleepyhead software and post a couple of your charts here. Someone will give you some advice on what pressures you should be set at.

For starters you probably want to increase your minimum pressure to 6cm. This will allow easier breathing than 4cm.

RE: Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ? - Ron AKA - 04-24-2018

(04-24-2018, 02:38 PM)theMezz Wrote: Had my ResMed for 10 days. Finally able to tolerate it for more than a couple hours and actually sleep at the same time. Sad to see my AHI at 15.9 (my sleep test was 21)

Shall I give it a few days and see what happens or does the AHI typically remain the same?

Thinking-about

I would highly recommend downloading SleepyHead and posting the daily screenshot here for comments. See the tips in my signature area on how to optimize the daily screen so you get the important stuff on the screenshot.

If pressure hovers around 13.9 all night and you are getting AHI's around 16 then the max pressure of 14 is limiting what the machine can do. I would suggest the following settings as a trial. Then post the results for comments. 

Minimum Pressure 8 cm
Maximum Pressure 20 cm
Ramp Time - Auto
Ramp Start - 6 cm

Assuming you have the AirSense 10, to get into the Clinical Menu to make these setting, just hold down the round button and the Home button on the bottom together for 3-4 seconds.

RE: Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ? - Rcgop - 04-24-2018

Welcome! 
Patience, patience and more patience. My test was only 7 and my first month was around 12. It gets better. Now now it’s below 1. It takes time and commitment.

RE: Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ? - theMezz - 04-27-2018

(04-24-2018, 03:08 PM)Ron AKA Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 02:38 PM)theMezz Wrote: Had my ResMed for 10 days. Finally able to tolerate it for more than a couple hours and actually sleep at the same time. Sad to see my AHI at 15.9 (my sleep test was 21)

Thinking-about

I would highly recommend downloading SleepyHead and posting the daily screenshot here for comments. See the tips in my signature area on how to optimize the daily screen so you get the important stuff on the screenshot.

If pressure hovers around 13.9 all night and you are getting AHI's around 16 then the max pressure of 14 is limiting what the machine can do. I would suggest the following settings as a trial. Then post the results for comments. 

Minimum Pressure 8 cm
Maximum Pressure 20 cm
Ramp Time - Auto
Ramp Start - 6 cm

Assuming you have the AirSense 10, to get into the Clinical Menu to make these setting, just hold down the round button and the Home button on the bottom together for 3-4 seconds.

I will change the MAX pressure to 20 cm tonight 
Attached is the SLEEPHEAD Screenshot

I have a feeling the 20 CM will help with my way too high AHI -
I wonder if my mask is too big - I spend half the night chasing leaks

RE: Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ? - Crimson Nape - 04-27-2018

Since the maximum pressure is set to 13cm. I think allowing it to go to 20cm may result in you having a "cultural" shock.  Why not bump it up to 15cm and see where you stand. Limiting the maximum to an additional 2cm should be more tolerable.  

Two things;
1. I see you are experiencing flow limitation.  Please turn off the Mask Pressure graph and replace it with the Flow Limitation graph. Then, post the image.  
2. Zoom in to a 2 minute section of your Flow Rate and post its image.

Thank you!
- Red

RE: Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ? - Melman - 04-27-2018

I agree with Red on the max pressure of 15c for now. You mentioned that you would increase the max pressure but didn't mention the min. As Walla Walla suggested, you should also raise your min pressure. Ron's suggestion of 8c is a good pace to start but I suspect you may need to go higher.

RE: Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ? - theMezz - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 08:22 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Since the maximum pressure is set to 13cm. I think allowing it to go to 20cm may result in you having a "cultural" shock.  Why not bump it up to 15cm and see where you stand. Limiting the maximum to an additional 2cm should be more tolerable.  

Two things;
1. I see you are experiencing flow limitation.  Please turn off the Mask Pressure graph and replace it with the Flow Limitation graph. Then, post the image.  
2. Zoom in to a 2 minute section of your Flow Rate and post its image.

Thank you!
- Red

Attached is zoomed into 2 minute section

I am still trying to figure out how to turn off the Mask Pressure graph and replace it with the Flow Limitation graph