Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Diagnosis] Results are in! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Diagnosis] Results are in! (/Thread-Diagnosis-Results-are-in)

Results are in! - Vitamin J - 04-25-2018

My Titration test results finally came back and i got a call saying my prescription is being sent in.  They had hinted that I might need a bilevel machine...well, that is a no go....said I need 14cm of pressure and that a regular machine will provide that....and I shouldn't be too uncomfortable with it....I asked them "by Regular, do you mean an auto?"...they said yes....i clarified that i wanted an auto and not a brick cpap.  Then they dropped a bombshell on me...said they were sending my prescription to my insurance providers DME....Apria  Sad  I was like...ah crap...ive never once read anything positive about Apria...I called up Cigna/Carecentrix and asked if I had any other choices and thankfully I do.  So we will see....my guess...another damn week I suppose....that seems to be the norm.

RE: Results are in! - Crimson Nape - 04-25-2018

Ask for a written prescription. This will allow you to make purchases outside of insurance, if you desire.

RE: Results are in! - Vitamin J - 04-25-2018

i've already asked for copies of results and prescriptions  Thanks

RE: Results are in! - Sleeprider - 04-25-2018

If you can persuade them that a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is your preference, or even get that in the script, then keep in mind that machine provides a true 3 cm pressure relief /pressure support that acts identical to bilevel, but limited to 3-cm. You will do better with the Resmed Autoset than almost any other auto CPAP alternative. Try to insist on it.

RE: Results are in! - BTS1 - 04-25-2018

I hope you get the Auto or at least the Elite... Best of luck man!

RE: Results are in! - mesenteria - 04-25-2018

Not intending to dissuade you from the good advice, and wise, to get the correct and best machine, including the Autoset.  If you need the capability it offers, by all means.  However, if you don't need more than straight CPAP, as happens to be the case for me, then consider saving a few dollars with the AS10 Elite, the 'poorer' cousin.  It's still fully data-capable with SD card, and has ramp air for starting out each night.  But do not get the Elite unless CPAP is all you need.

RE: Results are in! - Walla Walla - 04-25-2018

(04-25-2018, 04:11 PM)mesenteria Wrote: Not intending to dissuade you from the good advice, and wise, to get the correct and best machine, including the Autoset.  If you need the capability it offers, by all means.  However, if you don't need more than straight CPAP, as happens to be the case for me, then consider saving a few dollars with the AS10 Elite, the 'poorer' cousin.  It's still fully data-capable with SD card, and has ramp air for starting out each night.  But do not get the Elite unless CPAP is all you need.

Here in the States the DME's will charge the same for either. So for the same price your better off getting the Autoset.

RE: Results are in! - Vitamin J - 04-25-2018

Oh I will fight them for the Autoset if they offer a Resmed. My luck I'll get a Phillips Dreamstation, which I know nothing about ....lol

RE: Results are in! - BTS1 - 04-25-2018

I tried 2 different Dreamstations out and both had issues and had to be replaced ... after that I stuck with ResMed I love their machines ...