Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] ResMed S9 SD after 365 days , what happens? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] ResMed S9 SD after 365 days , what happens? (/Thread-Equipment-ResMed-S9-SD-after-365-days-what-happens)

Pages: 1 2

ResMed S9 SD after 365 days , what happens? - Ken Ft. Erie - 11-20-2012

I'm using ResMed S9 for 3/4 of a year now with a SDcard that records each night . Every so often I copy the data to my computer. What happens when the card get full after a year? Does it start recording over the old data, or do I need to delete the old data?

RE: ResMed S9 SD after 365 days , what happens? - archangle - 11-20-2012

(11-20-2012, 08:29 PM)Ken Ft. Erie Wrote: I'm using ResMed S9 for 3/4 of a year now with a SDcard that records each night . Every so often I copy the data to my computer. What happens when the card get full after a year? Does it start recording over the old data, or do I need to delete the old data?

Welcome to the board. We need to know what machine you have. It should say "Escape, Elite, AutoSet," or something similar near the power button.

In general, ResMed S9's erase some data after 7 days, some after 30, and some after 365 days. No user interaction is needed. The old data will just disappear. The SD card will never get full.

RE: ResMed S9 SD after 365 days , what happens? - Ken Ft. Erie - 11-20-2012

(11-20-2012, 08:46 PM)archangle Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 08:29 PM)Ken Ft. Erie Wrote: I'm using ResMed S9 for 3/4 of a year now with a SDcard that records each night . Every so often I copy the data to my computer. What happens when the card get full after a year? Does it start recording over the old data, or do I need to delete the old data?

Welcome to the board. We need to know what machine you have. It should say "Escape, Elite, AutoSet," or something similar near the power button.

In general, ResMed S9's erase some data after 7 days, some after 30, and some after 365 days. No user interaction is needed. The old data will just disappear. The SD card will never get full.
Thank you very much Archangel! You've answered my question. My machine is an Elite. I'll try to get that info into my profile when I figure how to access my profile!Thanks again.Thanks

Archangel, Thanks for your response which answers my question. My machine is an ResMed S9 Elite, which I'll amend in my profile. Thanks again

RE: ResMed S9 SD after 365 days , what happens? - zonk - 11-20-2012

as you,re using ResScan ... the interpretation guide would helps
http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interpretation-Guide.pdf

RE: ResMed S9 SD after 365 days , what happens? - PaulaO2 - 11-20-2012

ResScan will keep the data though, right? It is the machine itself that dumps it from the card? So as long as you have the ResScan files, you'll have it all?

Zonk, Many thanks for the link.

RE: ResMed S9 SD after 365 days , what happens? - SuperSleeper - 11-20-2012

(11-20-2012, 09:25 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: ResScan will keep the data though, right? It is the machine itself that dumps it from the card? So as long as you have the ResScan files, you'll have it all?

Correct. The data on your PC that's been transferred from the SD card will remain there unless you delete it, as long as you have ResScan configured to transfer all the data during the upload.

Coffee

RE: ResMed S9 SD after 365 days , what happens? - trish6hundred - 11-20-2012

Hi Ken Ft. Erie,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

RE: ResMed S9 SD after 365 days , what happens? - archangle - 11-21-2012

(11-20-2012, 09:25 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: ResScan will keep the data though, right? It is the machine itself that dumps it from the card? So as long as you have the ResScan files, you'll have it all?

Copy the entire SD card to a directory with todays date when you load it, and you'll always be able to look at old data with SleepyHead. ResScan is picky about where it reads data from, so you'll have to trick it if you want to read old data.

ResScan or SleepyHead keep old data on your PC, but if you have a crash, you might lose it. There are ways to backup the program data.