Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Date Issue - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Date Issue (/Thread-Date-Issue)

Date Issue - gregger - 05-15-2018

I took my machine to Asia during a business trip several days ago, and on arrival used Clinician settings to change the date / time (14 hours ahead) so that it would record sleep activity as overnight periods. As a result, the data now "thinks" that I skipped one night of use...no big deal.

Problem is, now I'm back, but the machine won't let me set the date back. Per the manual, 

If you set a new date that occurs in the past then an error message is

displayed. Before this change can be made, erase the compliance data
available under the Configuration menu.

My data is still being monitored for compliance by the insurance company. From now on the data will marked incorrectly (a day ahead of actual date). Is that an issue?

RE: Date Issue - Sleeprider - 05-15-2018

I have done the Asia trip before, and the best policy is leave the time alone. To return to the previous day is going to take some time. You can change the time backwards AFTER-NOON on the CPAP clock by as many hours as will not re-cross noon. It may take a couple days. The Resmed measures therapy from noon to noon and will not let you reset the date backwards. It is not nearly as smart as the accountant you had to tell the two lunches and dinners on the same date on your return trip need to be authorized as a business expense.

Don't change the time next time. The other option is to tell your DME about your trip and either you or they can reset the time by resetting all your data and the SD card.

RE: Date Issue - gregger - 05-15-2018

That makes sense. I can turn it back 7 hrs each night for two nights and I'll be straight. 

Thanks.

RE: Date Issue - CB91710 - 05-15-2018

You can go back to noon... not set it back 7-hours.
If you set it back to noon at 7pm, then the next night at 7pm, it will still be noon Wink

You will need to set it back as much as practical tonight, then in a couple of days, catch it before it rolls past noon (at the same time you set it tonight) and see how far you can roll back without rolling back to a time that you were using the machine (so you don't overwrite data).
You should be able to do 14 hours in a couple of days depending on what time you go to bed and wake up. I had to do 24 hours and it took several days.

RE: Date Issue - gregger - 05-16-2018

I tried moving the machine back several hours at 11 p.m. last night, but again, it showed the error, "Cannot set time in the past." I think I will just call the DME and ask for a reset. Insurer is likely uploading compliance data regularly, so wiping the machine data will not impact their data history.

RE: Date Issue - Sleeprider - 05-16-2018

Just verify with the insurer that you're covered for compliance. A full data wipe is usually the way this is fixed. I used to travel to S. Korea and on the Philips machine at the time, I could not reset time. Why Resmed makes this possible, but creates an error the other direction is beyond me.

RE: Date Issue - gregger - 05-16-2018

(05-16-2018, 03:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Why Resmed makes this possible, but creates an error the other direction is beyond me.

Maybe the insurance community insisted on a data log that can't be manipulated by a user who somehow has figured out how to get into clinician settings (!) and wants to stage a "do-over" of a skipped night any time he feels like it. Maybe a way to limit "compliance fraud," if you will.