Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Machine cutting off, but no indication why - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Machine cutting off, but no indication why (/Thread-CPAP-Machine-cutting-off-but-no-indication-why)

Pages: 1 2 3

Machine cutting off, but no indication why - eglm76932 - 05-24-2018

I'm a long time CPAP user and I believe I have a good basic understanding of how my REsmed Airsense 10 works. The machine is only a few months old. Over the last week or so I have had probs with my machine cutting off while I am asleep. I wake up because I feel like I am suffocating only to find that the machine is off.  There is no indicator that my mask has leaked. When it happens I immediately look at the machine and lift my mask a little and the machine come back on. This happens 2-3 times a night. Very annoying as it takes a while to go back to sleep. My first thought is an ill fitting mask or a mask leak, but there is no red face indicator, I don't feel air leaking, and there is no noise of air leaking. Just wondering if  anyone might have an idea of what else it could be. Can't remember the last time I had a good night's sleep. Feeling very befuddled.  Thanks

RE: Machine cutting off, but no indication why - Walla Walla - 05-24-2018

I would be check the power cord to make sure it's secure. It's possible you got a bad power cord.

RE: Machine cutting off, but no indication why - Crimson Nape - 05-24-2018

If you have SmartStart on, try turning it off to see if this elevates your problem.

RE: Machine cutting off, but no indication why - eglm76932 - 05-24-2018

Thank you!

RE: Machine cutting off, but no indication why - eglm76932 - 05-24-2018

Thank you. It was a little loose,

RE: Machine cutting off, but no indication why - mdhampton - 05-24-2018

(05-24-2018, 05:31 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you have SmartStart on, try turning it off to see if this elevates your problem.

Yep, I have that on, and when I have large leaks when I lay on my back, the machine has cut off twice. I normally sleep on my sides, and don't have the problem.

RE: Machine cutting off, but no indication why - eglm76932 - 05-25-2018

(05-24-2018, 05:31 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you have SmartStart on, try turning it off to see if this elevates your problem.

UPDATE:  YEP. Smart Start was the culprit. I should have known.  I was able to sleep through the night,  Thanks

RE: Machine cutting off, but no indication why - JesseLee - 05-25-2018

Nice!

Resmed did a very good job at making smart start work. Almost too good!

RE: Machine cutting off, but no indication why - Snore of Thunder - 05-25-2018

I had that exact problem with my AirSense 10 Auto the first night of use. Smart Start was on and the report the next morning said I had 4 On/Off events...that I didn't recall even stopping once in the entire night. I turned smart start off and haven't had an issue since.

Going back later and looking at the data in SleepyHead, I was in the middle of a cluster of high leak and apnea events occurring when the system shut down.

That seems a little buggy to me and should be addressed by ResMed.

RE: Machine cutting off, but no indication why - mdhampton - 05-25-2018

Hmm.... I still have mine on (and it stopped last night). Debating turning it off, but then again 0 events for 4 nights in a row...