Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Cheyenne stokes respiration - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Cheyenne stokes respiration (/Thread-Cheyenne-stokes-respiration)

Cheyenne stokes respiration - sleepytimegal - 05-28-2018

Hope you can shed some light. Last night (for the first time since I started using my machine), I had 15 minutes of cheyenne stokes respiration (all clumped together). How should I interpret that?

RE: Cheyenne stokes respiration - sheepless - 05-28-2018

I asked a similar question not too long ago. not sure how to link another post though. scroll down below your post to "possibly related threads..." for several threads that will likely answer your question. post again if not, for the experienced members to weigh in.

RE: Cheyenne stokes respiration - Crimson Nape - 05-28-2018

(05-28-2018, 09:49 PM)sheepless Wrote: I asked a similar question not too long ago.  not sure how to link another post though.

While looking at the post you wish to link, you will see a post number ot the post's right.  Right-click on the number and select Copy Link Location.  Now go to the post you wish to insert the link and Paste  (Ctl-V) the link in.

RE: Cheyenne stokes respiration - sheepless - 05-28-2018

thanks crimson nape. got that figured out. now, what if I want to link to a thread, which is what I should have asked in the first place? same way via #1 post in the thread?

RE: Cheyenne stokes respiration - OpalRose - 05-29-2018

(05-28-2018, 09:32 PM)sleepytimegal Wrote: Hope you can shed some light. Last night (for the first time since I started using my machine), I had 15 minutes of cheyenne stokes respiration (all clumped together). How should I interpret that?

Hi sleepytimegal,
No need to worry about an occasional cheyne stokes (periodic breathing) episode. Most of us experience this now and then. If this was continuous through the night or something you see more often, you could bring it up to your doctor. Cheyne Stokes is often associated with heart disease, but as I said if this is an occasional episode, I wouldn’t worry over it.

If you would like someone to look at your chart to give you peace of mind, post it here.

Follow the links in my signature line for organizing graphs and then use the attachment feature to post a screenshot of the daily page.

There are more threads on this subject...scroll down to bottom of page “possibly related threads.”

RE: Cheyenne stokes respiration - Crimson Nape - 05-29-2018

(05-28-2018, 10:19 PM)sheepless Wrote: thanks crimson nape.  got that figured out.  now, what if I want to link to a thread, which is what I should have asked in the first place?  same way via #1 post in the thread?

While this answer is a little late, Yes! Post #1 and the Thread url are the same.

RE: Cheyenne stokes respiration - mesenteria - 05-29-2018

Cheyne Stokes.  Not the aboriginal stokes.  Smile

RE: Cheyenne stokes respiration - sleepytimegal - 05-29-2018

Opal Rose, Here is the screen shot of the cheyne-Stokes data. Thanks for your help.

Sleepytimegal

RE: Cheyenne stokes respiration - OpalRose - 05-30-2018

Hi sleepytimegal,
Thanks for posting a graph.  If this cluster of Periodic Breathing and Clear Airways around 7:20 is a one time occurrence, I wouldn’t pay much attention to it.  If this occurred all night or more often, then you may want to bring it up to your doctor or Cardiologist just to rule out any other health issue. Just keep watch on it.

One thing I suggest is to change your EPR setting from 3 to 2.  This may help prevent
Clear Airway events, and it’s not likely you would even notice a difference in the EPR.
Otherwise, your results look good.

RE: Cheyenne stokes respiration - sleepytimegal - 05-30-2018

Thanks Opal Rose, Your input is very much appreciated. 

Sleepytimegal