Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Diagnosis] Need help understanding the flow chart - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Diagnosis] Need help understanding the flow chart (/Thread-Diagnosis-Need-help-understanding-the-flow-chart)

Pages: 1 2 3

Need help understanding the flow chart - michael9346 - 06-05-2018

I would be so grateful if someone can explain why my flow chart is showing no lines between 10:30 PM and around 12:45 AM. This is the second time this has happened. (sure hope it doesn't mean I passed away) Also my morning Sleepyhead welcome said I had no major leaks and my masked leaked from 12:48 until 3:00 AM until I gave up in frustration and took it off. Since I could not get back to sleep after I used the bathroom at 12:44, all the marks in the "Event" area should not count for anything, correct?

[attachment=6446][attachment=6446]

RE: Need help understanding the flow chart - car54 - 06-05-2018

Stuff like that has happened to me also, no known explanation.

car54

RE: Need help understanding the flow chart - Walla Walla - 06-05-2018

Any events the machine records while your awake is not considered sleep apnea. As far as the missing flow, it seems to just be a glitch since it did record snores during that time.

RE: Need help understanding the flow chart - michael9346 - 06-05-2018

Thanks for clearing that up.

RE: Need help understanding the flow chart - Sleeprider - 06-05-2018

Michael, the period of time where the machine was on, but flow rate is not displayed seems to simply be an error where the machine did not record the flow rate data. That wave-form is recorded as a hexadecimal signal with many data points per second, and it's simply not there. The machine also dd not display a BND (breathing not detected) error. I don't really know what might have caused the data loss, especially with PB and snores being recorded.

If you have your sleep study results from diagnostics or titration, I'd be interested to know if central apnea was any component of that. You are using auto pressure at 10 to 14, could you tell us what Flex setting, if any is in use?

Sleeprider,

I have attached the second page of my study. It does say there were 11 centrals. My Flex is set for 3.

[attachment=6453]

RE: Need help understanding the flow chart - Sleeprider - 06-05-2018

I actually think you need to limit maximum pressure to 12.5 and reduce Flex to 1. We can discuss more, but I think this might lower AHI and be better for comfort.

Thanks Sleeprider. I have changed the settings and will let you know how it goes. Appreciate the info.

RE: Need help understanding the flow chart - michael9346 - 06-08-2018

I have changed the setting to 12.5 and reduced flex to "1" as suggested. The change felt very comfortable but my event chart for the first day looked rough. My mask was a Airtouch F20 FFM. The second attachment was for last night and in addition to the same mask, I taped my mouth which reduced the VS and VS2, but increased the AHI. It seems I am having too many hypopnea's and apnea's.

The only other mask I have found success with is the Wisp Nasal mask and I am going to try it tonight with my mouth taped and see where that takes me. If you have any other suggestions for a nasal mask I would appreciate your opinion. Thanks for your help.

[attachment=6493] [attachment=6494]

RE: Need help understanding the flow chart - Sleeprider - 06-08-2018

Comfort counts. The problems arise out of the lower range of pressure. I would increase the minimum pressure. to 9.0 and we might go a bit higher, but let's try that. For the time being, I would turn off the VS2 events. Have we ever discussed a possible soft cervical collar? The fact you go through most of the night quietly, but have some clusters of obstruction makes me think this might be something to consider.