Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Should SP02 Drops count as part of AHI or RDI - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Should SP02 Drops count as part of AHI or RDI (/Thread-Should-SP02-Drops-count-as-part-of-AHI-or-RDI)

Should SP02 Drops count as part of AHI or RDI - REMless - 06-14-2018

My last nights AHI was .68.  Should SP02 drops, RERA, Pulse Changees, UF1 and UF2 be included?  The reason that I ask this is because I have felt tired and very sleepy the whole day.

RE: Should SP02 Drops count as part of AHI or RDI - ShaunBlake - 06-14-2018

(06-14-2018, 09:19 PM)REMless Wrote: My last nights AHI was .68.  Should SP02 drops, RERA, Pulse Changees, UF1 and UF2 be included?  The reason that I ask this is because I have felt tired and very sleepy the whole day.

REMless, I can't say whether or not they should, although in my opinion most of these shouldn't.  I can say that by definition, AHI is calculated by summing three 'things':  hypopneas, Obstructive sleep apneas, and Central sleep apneas.  The formula is:

Quote:AHI = (OA + CA + H) ÷ # of hours of sleep

Sadly, just because you have a great AHI doesn't guarantee – or even suggest – that you will feel great the next day.  There are a lot of factors that influence that yearned-for feeling of well-being, and most of us have to pursue it for quite a while before it blesses us.

Please don't get discouraged; it may take more effort than you expected but a lot of folks here are eager to help you get there.

RE: Should SP02 Drops count as part of AHI or RDI - Sleep2Snore - 06-15-2018

(06-14-2018, 09:48 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 09:19 PM)REMless Wrote: My last nights AHI was .68.  Should SP02 drops, RERA, Pulse Changees, UF1 and UF2 be included?  The reason that I ask this is because I have felt tired and very sleepy the whole day.

REMless, I can't say whether or not they should, although in my opinion most of these shouldn't.  I can say that by definition, AHI is calculated by summing three 'things':  hypopneas, Obstructive sleep apneas, and Central sleep apneas.  The formula is:

Quote:AHI = (OA + CA + H) ÷ # of hours of sleep

Sadly, just because you have a great AHI doesn't guarantee – or even suggest – that you will feel great the next day.  There are a lot of factors that influence that yearned-for feeling of well-being, and most of us have to pursue it for quite a while before it blesses us.

Please don't get discouraged; it may take more effort than you expected but a lot of folks here are eager to help you get there.

Sadly that may be true, but getting it down low is a good start.
I was getting 0.0 for a while, but I didn't feel that great.  However, it is now around 0.2 most nights and I feel fine.  So it is not all about getting a 0.0.
However, it may be certain types of apnea that affects some more than others.  If I get any centrals, which I do not get at 0.2 I feel fine, but it there are central apneas in any of it including it as a total I feel crap.  If  hypopneas are high I also feel rough, so as long as it is OSA and it is around 0,2 I feel fine.
Though I am still happy if in a morning it is a 0.0 just to keep me happy that I can still get one.