Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Suggestions for a new machine - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Suggestions for a new machine (/Thread-Suggestions-for-a-new-machine)

Pages: 1 2

Suggestions for a new machine - courtney123 - 06-25-2018

It's been 6 years for me and time for a new CPAP machine.
I'm looking at the Dreamstation and the AirSense10 Autoset. My doc will prescribe whatever I choose.

I realize personal preferences and bias will get in the middle of this, but I could use suggestions.
I like the ability of the machine to sense and adjust needed pressure. I like starting off low pressure for sleep. I want data collection and the best algorithms available right now.
Doesn't need to be small as I no longer travel much.
I'm looking for something with all the improvements that 6 years would bring.

Ideas, pros and cons, please?
Thank you.

RE: Suggestions for a new machine - Walla Walla - 06-25-2018

Air Sense 10 Auto For Her. It's the latest and greatest with all the up to date improvements you can get in CPAP.

RE: Suggestions for a new machine - Melman - 06-25-2018

I agree with Walla Walla. The Dreamstations are good machines but the Resmed has the best algorithms. Don't be deterred by the "for her".

RE: Suggestions for a new machine - courtney123 - 06-25-2018

LOL!
Actually, I'm a him. Courtney has a guy's name before the ladies stoled it :-)

Thank you for the advice.

Thank you much!

RE: Suggestions for a new machine - Dog Slobber - 06-26-2018

I'm a him too, and I strongly recommend the the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her.

It's functionally identical to the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, except it has an extra configurable algorithm designed for female breathing.

A lot of hims use the for her.

But you should strongly consider staying with your current manufacturer. Some people switch manufacturers and then have trouble with the different algorithms.

RE: Suggestions for a new machine - Walla Walla - 06-26-2018

I have to disagree with the Dog. The Resmed has EPR which let's it act somewhat like a BPAP which is an added advantage. You can also use the soft setting on the Resmed to act like the Dreamstations if you end up needing that. However the Dreamstations don't have true EPR. Instead they use flex which doesn't allow you the same benefits as EPR. Also the Dreamstations are slower to react to events which means you need to use it at higher pressures compared to the Resmeds. So all in all you have less options with the Dreamstations.

RE: Suggestions for a new machine - courtney123 - 06-26-2018

Thanks, Walla -

I've heard that too. Altho my current CPAP machine is 6 years old it's in decent shape. Getting Medicare to buy me a new one may be a crap-shoot.

RE: Suggestions for a new machine - Walla Walla - 06-26-2018

Are you sure?  It sounds broken to me.  Bigwink

RE: Suggestions for a new machine - courtney123 - 06-26-2018

(06-26-2018, 01:20 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Are you sure?  It sounds broken to me.  Bigwink

Oh, it's busted and nothing but a bucket of dirt and dust inside. So broken I don't see how I can get it to the provider to inspect.
Could be lost too. As soon as I figure out how that could possibly happen.
Alien's maybe...

RE: Suggestions for a new machine - matthewb - 06-26-2018

(06-26-2018, 02:27 AM)courtney123 Wrote:
(06-26-2018, 01:20 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Are you sure?  It sounds broken to me.  Bigwink

Oh, it's busted and nothing but a bucket of dirt and dust inside. So broken I don't see how I can get it to the provider to inspect.
Could be lost too. As soon as I figure out how that could possibly happen.
Alien's maybe...

I'd blame an invasion of midnight Gophers myself, those things will wreck anything