Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Airsense 10 Autoset: Nasal vs Pillows setting - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Airsense 10 Autoset: Nasal vs Pillows setting (/Thread-Airsense-10-Autoset-Nasal-vs-Pillows-setting)

Pages: 1 2

Airsense 10 Autoset: Nasal vs Pillows setting - ScoobyDoo - 06-26-2018

What’s the functional difference when the machine is set to nasal versus pillows? If I switch headgear in the middle of the night, do I really need to change that setting?

Thanks in advance

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset: Nasal vs Pillows setting - Crimson Nape - 06-26-2018

While there isn't any direct evidence to its actual use, it is believed to have something to do with mask volumetric capacity and pressure responses.

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset: Nasal vs Pillows setting - Walla Walla - 06-26-2018

Based on my personal use I noticed the pressure felt stronger if I was wearing nasal pillows and the machine was set to full face mask. Also the leak rate read lower.

So based on that I agree with Mr Nape.

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset: Nasal vs Pillows setting - PaulaO2 - 06-27-2018

It has to do with how it detects leak rate as the rate is different from mask to mask and between types of masks. If you switch in the middle of the night, that means the machine was off so when you look at the data, you can view the leak with that in mind.

There's a bigger difference between the nasal pillows and a full face mask. That would be the most important time to reset the mask type. It also ensures you are getting the right pressure and it can read your responses better.

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset: Nasal vs Pillows setting - ScoobyDoo - 06-27-2018

That makes good sense, thanks all!

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset: Nasal vs Pillows setting - SarcasticDave94 - 06-27-2018

FWIW I'm in complete agreement with the mask setting modifying leak rates between FFM and others being more critical. Coffee

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset: Nasal vs Pillows setting - trance - 06-27-2018

I think it would be nice to see an explanation of why my Airfit N20 must be set to Pillows, as opposed to the Nasal Setting. Thinking-about

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset: Nasal vs Pillows setting - Walla Walla - 06-27-2018

Call Resmed it's their mask and their machine.

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset: Nasal vs Pillows setting - pholynyk - 06-27-2018

It's actually in the manual booklet that should have come with the mask...
On page 9, under Technical Specifications: Mask Setting Options:

For AirSense, AirCurve and S9: Select 'Pillows'.
For other devices: Select 'SWIFT' (if available), otherwise select
'MIRAGE' as the mask option.

And that's all the explanation we get...

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset: Nasal vs Pillows setting - macheta - 06-27-2018

The latest instructions downloaded from the resmed indicate to use full face. The pillow setting must have been an error.