Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Any Suggestions? [re: SH charts] - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Any Suggestions? [re: SH charts] (/Thread-Any-Suggestions-re-SH-charts)

Any Suggestions? [re: SH charts] - DoubtFire61 - 06-29-2018

The good news is I've actually gotten some nights where I've made it through with the mask on all night.  I don't think the results are all that great, but I guess it's a start. At least I don't feel like the machine is trying to kill me.

The persistent cough and drainage is still a problem....but I'm adapting meds and methods to get around...

I'd appreciate if I could get some eyes on the attached charts and get some recommendations.

Thanks...

DF

RE: Any Suggestions? - Walla Walla - 06-29-2018

Well the trend is headed in the right direction. Leaks the one night were bad but it looks like your correcting that. Numbers aren't bad. I did notice you had a few clustered events which may caused by tucking your chin down and in while you sleep. Using a pillow that prevents that can help as well as soft cervical collar. If you notice the clusters getting worse you'll want to correct that.

RE: Any Suggestions? - JesseLee - 06-30-2018

I disagree with Walla Walla, the numbers are decent. I think what he meant to type is "the numbers aren't bad."

Otherwise, I agree with everything else Walla Walla has advised. I'm also glad to hear that you are working through this. You've had a tough time and you keep trying. Keep it up Smile

RE: Any Suggestions? - Walla Walla - 06-30-2018

My spelling has been corrected.

RE: Any Suggestions? [re: SH charts] - DoubtFire61 - 06-30-2018

Sleep position is a big problem for me...I have been a left-side sleeper for 40 years probably....so offset issues with coughing and gastritis. CPAP use doesn't work well with that for me anyway....

I have added the use of Biotene at night to help with the dry mouth issues. I've also played with humidity settings and what I use in the huimidifer...ice and water to start with the humidifer set to 1...I don't know why I thought to try that...but it seems to work.

Thanks to all for the input.

RE: Any Suggestions? [re: SH charts] - mdhampton - 06-30-2018

If you have acid reflux, you may want to talk to your Dr about proton pump inhibiters (protonix) and after a couple of months, get your magnesium tested (protonix consumes it). Over the counter for before you go to sleep is gaviscon. take that if you eat or drink adult beverages within a couple of hours of going to sleep.

I'm recovering from an ulcer, and I'm thankful to be at the gastritis stage now. No more bleeding, and hopefully no more EGDs.

RE: Any Suggestions? [re: SH charts] - DoubtFire61 - 06-30-2018

No acid reflux, I use Tagamet rather than PPI's.

RE: Any Suggestions? [re: SH charts] - mdhampton - 06-30-2018

Gaviscon helps form a barrier at the top of stomach to help prevent reflux. Basing this on information from CNP who used to be working with gastroenterologists.