Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SH - 2 machines on same day & a couple bugs? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: SH - 2 machines on same day & a couple bugs? (/Thread-SH-2-machines-on-same-day-a-couple-bugs)

Pages: 1 2

SH - 2 machines on same day & a couple bugs? - sheepless - 07-06-2018

1. can sleepyhead display data from 2 sd cards from 2 pap machines on the same day? 

I took a 1.5 hour nap yesterday afternoon using an airsense 10 autoset apap, then used an aircurve 10 asv for the night.  each with it's own sd card.  after downloading data from the apap sd card into SH v.1.0.0 beta 2, SH finds and appears to download the data from the second sd card pulled from the asv, but nothing from the second sd card appears in SH.  am I missing something or is SH unable to handle data from 2 machines in one day?  

2. if the former, and SH can display data from 2 machines in 1 day, can it aggregate or sync the data into a single graphic display? (seems unlikely.) 

3. if the latter - actually, under any circumstances - does anyone have suggestions for how to handle multiple machines?  an sd card for each machine or share 1 between them?  create multiple profiles (by machine &/or by card)?  other?

4. bug? the new v.1.1.0 beta SH fails to display the ipap waveform in the pressure graph for the resmed aircurve 10 asv.  right clicking the left side of the graph, the plot line box for ipap is always unchecked.  if I check the box, ipap will display until a screen rewrite when it returns to an unchecked box and epap display only.  I looked in preferences for a permanent toggle to display ipap on in the pressure graph but didn't see one.  

now I see that after downloading 1 day asv data to SH v. 1.0.0 beta 2 that the ipap pressure plot is also missing and box is unchecked for every apap day. other days of asv graphics-only seem to be unaffected and ipap plot is visible. 

5. also, the overview page does not routinely render all it's graphical detail & usually locks up when attempting to scroll down the page in both SH versions.  alternatively, if the overview page looks like it should, the daily page often fails to render it's display properly.  like a memory issue except my laptop isn't maxing out it's 8 gb memory when this occurs.  will try switching to discrete graphics card w dedicated memory but that card seems to be for 3D only. 

no refresh is available.  have to close and restart the program 1 to several times to get it to display properly.

RE: SH - 2 machines on same day & a couple bugs? - Crimson Nape - 07-06-2018

I would recommend a seperate SD card for each machine, along with a different user profile.  It's possible to cross contaminate information using the same user for both machines.  SleepyHead was envisioned to be a one machine per user type of operation.

As far as to the hangups; If you're running Windows, try running the SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe to see if this corrects your problem.  It is located in the same directory that the normal SleepyHead.exe is located.  

Please report back any success or failures.

RE: SH - 2 machines on same day & a couple bugs? - sheepless - 07-06-2018

thanks CN. so your recommendation is a each machine has it's own card and SH should have 2 profiles. in this case: 'me, apap' and 'me, asv'. let me know if you had something else in mind.

will let you know if brokenGL works.

meanwhile, I purged the apap data for yesterday the 5th and downloaded asv data again. result: no data at all visible for 7/5/18 even though the asv card contains data for that day. restarted SH and everything looks back to normal in SH v. 1.0.0 beta 2 (except now no apap data for the 5th).

after I create a new 'me, asv' profile, how do I move the asv data from the current profile to the new one? simple as cutting and pasting or clicking and dragging asv-dated folders from 1 profile to another on computer hard drive? download all data to both profiles and purge dates? looks like can only purge 1 day or all days so that'll be pretty tedious.

RE: SH - 2 machines on same day & a couple bugs? - sheepless - 07-08-2018

broken gl in v.1.0.0 beta 2 seems to have resolved under-rendering problems on overview and daily pages and screen freezing up when scrolling down on overview page. switching to dedicated graphics card with 2gb memory did not fix those problems.

broken gl doesn't appear to be available in v.1.1.0 beta

still wondering about best way to move asv data from original profile to new asv profile (or at least remove asv data from original profile since asv data can be downloaded to new asv profile from card dedicated to that machine).

is there an apnea board forum thread for gathering issues with new v.1.1.0 beta? at the moment I see a typo in the daily summary box that appears on welcome page after downloading data. also not sure why SH wants me not to forget to point it to SH folders every time it launches.

RE: SH - 2 machines on same day & a couple bugs? - Crimson Nape - 07-08-2018

I'm on my Linux box, so there might be a slight difference to the actual path. Look under SleepyHeadData/Profiles/Your Username/Resmed & a bunch of numbers//Backup/Year-of-Data. Depending on how much data is on the respective cards, you can move these files elsewhere and then purge the data in SleepyHead and then either start over for each user, or rebuild the data from the dates you didn't move out of this folder. Also, in File->Preferences->Import, there is an option to limit how far back SleepyHead will import data. You mat wish to consider this.

Good luck!

RE: SH - 2 machines on same day & a couple bugs? - prodigyplace - 07-09-2018

With 1.1.0 unstable 2 there is a preference option under the Appearance tab, I believe that is meant to replace the separate BrokenGL binary.

RE: SH - 2 machines on same day & a couple bugs? - sheepless - 07-10-2018

thanks, I hadn't seen that. unfortunately, now I can't get the program to launch at all. I switched from the first to the second option on the appearance page and the program tried to restart and failed. I could not launch from the exe either. I deleted the program and downloaded the exe again (but not the opengl32sw.dll). still won't start.

deleted all the folders and files (data, profiles etc) from the windows documents folder. tried again to launch exe and failed.

contents of download page:

../
SleepyHead-1.1.0-testing2-20180613-9da8b2a7-win..> 13-Jun-2018 10:16 11223552
opengl32sw.dll 14-Jun-2018 01:49 20923392
verify-sha256 13-Jun-2018 10:34 120
zzz- UPX packed exe's may trigger security warn..> 14-Jun-2018 01:55 0
zzz- You may need the opengl32sw.dll file 14-Jun-2018 01:50 0

says may need the opengl32 file. since the program runs from the exe and to my knowledge isn't 'intalled' I'm not sure what to do with the opengl32 file. can't deposit into one of the folders created by the exe because I deleted them and program won't start in order to create new folders. now I find !@#$% windows disappeared my recycle bin so until I find that I can't restore them from there.

downloaded both the exe and the dll to my desktop. failed again.

SOL for the moment and out of time to mess with it. anyone know what to do about this?

RE: SH - 2 machines on same day & a couple bugs? - prodigyplace - 07-10-2018

Here is a quote from somebody on the SleepyHead chat server that had a similar issue:

OK adding the opengl32sw.dll to the same directory as the nightly build sleepyhead.exe solved my Segfault issues (I could recreate every time) so all looks good
Must be do do with the dodgy software based intel graphics chipset Confusedmiley:
and QT
Just putting my notes here for others

Hopefully that can help you.

I seem to remember a registry setting tree HKCU\Software\Jedimark\SleepyHead-master You could try deleting that. There appears to be a GFXEngine setting at that level. Mine is 0 on my test machine.

RE: SH - 2 machines on same day & a couple bugs? - sheepless - 07-10-2018

changing gfxengine from 1 to 0 in the registry location you identified allowed sleepyhead-testing to launch again. thank you. I think 0 is intel mainboard chip graphics and 1 is the nvidia card. odd if true because switching default graphics from one to the other seemed to have no effect on program launch or graphics.

tonight after I download data from the machine I'll drop the opengl32sw.dll into a SH data folder and see what happens.

any idea what'll happen if I switch to the 3rd option on the appearance tab? wonder why there are three options PLUS the opengl32sw.dll?

RE: SH - 2 machines on same day & a couple bugs? - prodigyplace - 07-10-2018

I think the dll is just a missing library for some machines, independent of the graphics setting.

I got the quote from one of the people on SleepyHead user Discord chat server, but things are pretty dead there right now, as is the Dev server.

I ran into a similar issue on one of my test machines where changing the appearance setting caused it not to run.

I believe Mark told me the first choice in the list is preferred if it works properly. I think the other settings depend more on software graphics acceleration.