Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Can Sleepyhead display the "I'm feeling..." slider data as bar chart in overview? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Can Sleepyhead display the "I'm feeling..." slider data as bar chart in overview? (/Thread-Can-Sleepyhead-display-the-I-m-feeling-slider-data-as-bar-chart-in-overview)

Pages: 1 2

Can Sleepyhead display the "I'm feeling..." slider data as bar chart in overview? - Stom - 07-08-2018

I would love to show a bar graph of my subjective impressions of the quality of my sleep in comparison to my AHI. Sleepyhead has a data slider for rating how you feel on a scale of Zombie to Awesome under the daily notes tab, but I can't find any way to aggregate this data.

(Well, I really wish there was a convenient and accurate technology to use the Sleep Stage Waveforms channel, but subjective impression is the best I've got and I'd like to see how it compares to AHI since I think my worst nights aren't necessarily the lowest AHI. As far as recording subjective impressions goes, I'd prefer a numerical scale to the unmarked slider in notes, but I was hoping to leverage something that already exists in the program.)

RE: Can Sleepyhead display the "I'm feeling..." slider data as bar chart in overview? - Walla Walla - 07-11-2018

Your best bet is read the attached thread. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Sleepyhead-Version-1-1-0-TESTING-Beta

RE: Can Sleepyhead display the "I'm feeling..." slider data as bar chart in overview? - Otil - 08-14-2018

Interesting issue and I find it very relevant ...

In addition to the personal evaluation of your well being, I have a bundle of other relevant information about my sleep environment I would like to consolidate with my Sleepyhead data - eg. temperature, luminosity, noise, personal activity data etc. This is in order to see correlations, patterns and ways to improve sleep quality.

If you come across ways to do this, I will be interested to hear about it.

RE: Can Sleepyhead display the "I'm feeling..." slider data as bar chart in overview? - sheepless - 08-14-2018

I don't know how difficult it would be for developers but if we could view and/or export the tabular data underlying the statistics and graphs, we could analyze the data in our own spreadsheets.

RE: Can Sleepyhead display the "I'm feeling..." slider data as bar chart in overview? - Crimson Nape - 08-14-2018

You can export the data, in detailed format, for a single day or a span of dates to a ",csv" file. The data is listed as event type, followed by both inhale and exhale pressures.

RE: Can Sleepyhead display the "I'm feeling..." slider data as bar chart in overview? - Sheepish - 08-14-2018

(08-14-2018, 01:07 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You can export the data, in detailed format, for a single day or a span of dates to a ",csv" file.  The data  is listed as event type, followed by both inhale and exhale pressures.

Right; under File, select Export Data, CVS Export Wizard, then select your parameters and you're good to go. Thumbs-up-2

RE: Can Sleepyhead display the "I'm feeling..." slider data as bar chart in overview? - sheepless - 08-14-2018

yes, good point, and good as far as it goes, but those data are limited

RE: Can Sleepyhead display the "I'm feeling..." slider data as bar chart in overview? - Stom - 08-15-2018

(08-14-2018, 01:59 PM)Sheepish Wrote: Right; under File, select Export Data, CVS Export Wizard, then select your parameters and you're good to go.

Thanks. Not as elegant or detailed as I was hoping for, and neither notes nor sleepiness score are included in the export, but it looks like a way to correlate summary data with some basic sleepiness scores and nights when I swallow the most air and such if I chart in a spreadsheet instead of Sleepyhead and merge with the export.

RE: Can Sleepyhead display the "I'm feeling..." slider data as bar chart in overview? - ShaunBlake - 08-15-2018

(08-15-2018, 01:32 AM)Stom Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 01:59 PM)Sheepish Wrote: Right; under File, select Export Data, CVS Export Wizard, then select your parameters and you're good to go.

… and neither notes nor sleepiness score are included in the export…

um, how would you envision associating your notes to a datum or a particular group of data?  And I didn't know that SH could calculate the Epworth Sleepiness Scale.  How do you display that?

Regarding notes, I sure would like to use them, yet my needs would require some considerable design and development effort.  In my use, I can't remember which days have a/ny note/s, and if I find one/some, usually don't find the note useful. <sigh>

RE: Can Sleepyhead display the "I'm feeling..." slider data as bar chart in overview? - Hihowrya - 08-15-2018

Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but I print my statistics and charts to Microsoft “One Note” app and then annotate with my daily interpretations. I like that this app uses the cloud so I can read across my Apple and PC devices. Excel is great for direct data transfer, but does not have the capability of including anecdotal information.