Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
I tipped it over! Now it won't work!!! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: I tipped it over! Now it won't work!!! (/Thread-I-tipped-it-over-Now-it-won-t-work)

Pages: 1 2

I tipped it over! Now it won't work!!! - PerChancetoDream - 07-17-2018

Help, I had a tummy emergency and on my way running to the bathroom I pulled my Resmed Airsense 10 off on the floor and it tipped over and now it won't come back on! HELP!

RE: I tipped it over! Now it won't work!!! - Walla Walla - 07-17-2018

About all you can do is unplug it and let it dry out. If after drying out and it doesn't work you'll have to get it repaired, hopefully under warranty.

RE: I tipped it over! Now it won't work!!! - Red55 - 07-17-2018

(07-17-2018, 09:23 AM)PerChancetoDream Wrote: Help, I had a tummy emergency and on my way running to the bathroom I pulled my Resmed Airsense 10 off on the floor and it tipped over and now it won't come back on! HELP!

After unplugging it you might want to use a hair dryer to blow air inside the machine.
Of course you want to set the hairdryer to NO heat and blow thru the the air inlet (where the air filter is)

Personally I would give it at least a day to dry out . . .   

Good luck on the warranty, when you tell them that it fell, they're likely to tell you that it voided the warranty

RE: I tipped it over! Now it won't work!!! - PerChancetoDream - 07-17-2018

Oh geez...

RE: I tipped it over! Now it won't work!!! - Walla Walla - 07-17-2018

One other thing to check is to make sure the pin in the plug didn't break off.

RE: I tipped it over! Now it won't work!!! - djont57 - 07-17-2018

Also; make sure the power supply pin is fully seated.

RE: I tipped it over! Now it won't work!!! - prodigyplace - 07-17-2018

My ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset has hit the floor a few times early on, from the headboard above my head.
Fortunately it always missed me and worked fine except for some spilled water from the humidifier.

I agree with checking the plugs on both ends of the power pack. When moving the machine around I sometimes need to reseat the power plug on the machine.

RE: I tipped it over! Now it won't work!!! - matthewb - 07-17-2018

if it does come down to a warranty claim, it just stopped working.......

RE: I tipped it over! Now it won't work!!! - Sleeprider - 07-17-2018

A bedside stand with a drawer is a wonderful thing for CPAP owners. Cut a 2-inch diameter hole in the rear for hose and power cord and not only is the machine out of sight, but impossible to drop.

RE: I tipped it over! Now it won't work!!! - prodigyplace - 07-17-2018

(07-17-2018, 03:32 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: A bedside stand with a drawer is a wonderful thing for CPAP owners.  Cut a 2-inch diameter hole in the rear for hose and power cord and not only is the machine out of sight, but impossible to drop.

True, but I currently do not have room for a bedside stand. Bed