Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Philips incorrectly showing multiple sessions - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Philips incorrectly showing multiple sessions (/Thread-Philips-incorrectly-showing-multiple-sessions)

Pages: 1 2

Philips incorrectly showing multiple sessions - tbotting - 07-22-2018

I was in Europe for 5 days, and 4 nights, (instead of the US, where I live) and on each of the 4 nights my Philips DreamST autoSV H/C showed 8-10 disconnects instead of the 1-2 that actually took place. Notice, too, that the breathing continues but the pressure doesn't show for a period. I've included one actual disconnect and one false disconnect in the attachment.
[attachment=7492]
It seems to me that it was not recording all the data correctly for those 4 nights. Has anyone else had this kind of behavior from their DreamST?

RE: Philips incorrectly showing multiple sessions - silentsnore - 07-22-2018

Are there any external factors to consider?
For example, as you know, the EU mains voltage is 220 vs US at 120. Although the power supply is designed to operate in 100-240V, perhaps was acting up under higher voltage?

RE: Philips incorrectly showing multiple sessions - tbotting - 07-22-2018

The Philips power brick says it works with 100-240v, 50/60 hz, so I would not expect a problem there. I didn't adjust the time zone on the machine but I don't see what difference that would make. Those are the only differences that come to my mind, and neither should cause false readings.

RE: Philips incorrectly showing multiple sessions - Walla Walla - 07-22-2018

I would guess you had a unsteady power source overseas.

RE: Philips incorrectly showing multiple sessions - tedvpap - 07-22-2018

Is it real showing as multiple sessions (look at Session Information) or are you just missing pressure data?

RE: Philips incorrectly showing multiple sessions - tbotting - 07-22-2018

Multiple sessions:
[attachment=7494]

RE: Philips incorrectly showing multiple sessions - tedvpap - 07-22-2018

The mask pressure is still present and looks normal. Mask Pressure is calculated based on machine pressure and flow rate so I think the machine was still functioning properly.

RE: Philips incorrectly showing multiple sessions - silentsnore - 07-23-2018

Each session is exactly 1hr long?

RE: Philips incorrectly showing multiple sessions - tbotting - 07-23-2018

(07-23-2018, 01:56 PM)ycsi Wrote: Each session is exactly 1hr long?

Not exactly an hour, but often within a few seconds of it. There are plenty of shorter 'sessions' that break the pattern, though. On the other 3 nights there is a little more variance in the length but many are very close to an hour. I think there is a fault in the Philips operating system that for some reason was falsely reporting sessions. And it works fine here in the states.

RE: Philips incorrectly showing multiple sessions - Sleeprider - 07-23-2018

What do you see in EncorePro?